Chapter 13

Emma's POV
________________

I rested my hands on my knees, panting. I had just finished running a 10km route, and I was exhausted. Today, coach wanted us to run a long distance at a racing pace, so it was pretty tough. After I caught my breath, I walked over to my bag and took out my water bottle, squirting a bunch of water in my mouth to soothe my dry throat. I slung my bag over my shoulder and waited in the parking lot for my mom to pick me up, and to my utter surprise, she was already here.

My lips parted in shock as I got into the car, wow this is new.

"What is it, sweetheart?" she asked

"You're early." I told her, laughing a bit at the end.

"Yep." she says popping the 'p', "there were no meetings today."

I nodded my head and looked out the window, admiring the scenery as we drove along the street. Lined up on either sides of the rode, were trees. Their leafs had changed into mixtures of different colors, yellow, red, orange, brown, spread all across the branches. It was so beautiful..

Finally, we pulled up into the driveway, and I went straight up to my room. I dropped my bag by the door and flopped onto the bed, ugh I was so tired. I grabbed my phone and noticed that I had gotten a text from Ethan.

Ethan😍: hey Em, text me when you get home :) love you

My heart fluttered and I smiled, it always felt so good when I reminded myself that I was his.

Me: hii, sorry I'm just answering this now. so what's up?

While I was waiting for him to reply, I went to check my Instagram.

But that was a mistake.

Jacks POV:
_______________

"Hey mom, where's Emma?" I asked

She smiled at me and sat down in one of the stools by the island, taking a bite out of an apple.

"Oh, she's up in her room." she told me

I nodded my head and walked over to the island, resting my elbows on the counter. I drummed my fingers on the surface for a bit and cleared my throat before talking again.

"So, uh when are you gonna tell her?" I questioned

She raised her eyebrow and twitched her face into a confused expression, "Tell her what?"

"Don't act dumb mom, you know what I'm talking about." I said, annoyance clear in my tone of voice.

She continued to play dumb, and it really pissed me off.

"About you and Tom." I said through gritted teeth

"To be honest, I don't think she really needs to know about this." she told me

"You're fucking kidding me."

"Jack, watch your language!" she scolded

"Mom, if you're going to get married to this man, I think she goddamn well deserves to know about it." I said, raising my voice.

"Well, she can find out about on the wedding day," she obviously doesn't fucking care about this.

"No. Unless you want your daughter to ignore you for the rest of your life, then I suggest you tell her about it. Today, preferably." I said sternly

"Listen Jack, I will handle this how I want! I'm going to tell her on the wedding day, and that is final!" she yelled

"YOU'RE MAKING A HUGE MISTAKE MOM! ALL I'M TRYING TO DO IS HELP YOU, BUT YOU'RE JUST MAKING THINGS WORSE! WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET THE MESSAGE TO YOUR HEAD THAT IF YOU DON'T TELL HER SOON, SHE WILL FUCKING HATE YOU! I MIGHT AS WELL TELL HER MYSELF!" I shouted at her

Before she could respond, I spun on my heel and stormed out of the kitchen. I heard her mutter something, but I couldn't quite make out what she said. Whatever, it doesn't matter. I stomped up the stairs and went over to my room, slamming the door as hard as I could. Who fucking cares if it breaks.

I slid down against the wall, fisting my hair in frustration. What am I going to do? I don't want Emma to be hurt about this situation, and I need to make sure that she's informed about Tom before the wedding. How is she gonna react to all of this? I bet she'll so angry, at both mom and I. She has every reason to be mad at mom, and she'll definitely be angry with me for not telling her. I was going to let her know about this a couple of months ago, but mom threatened to send me to social services if I did. I wonder if she's changed her mind about that yet..

I signed, pushing myself up off of the floor. I went over to my bed and laid down, just relaxing. And right when I was about to call it a night and go to sleep, I heard....crying?

{what's up everybody! get this chapter to 20 votes for another update!}