Chapter 5

Emma's POV
________________

"I'm home!" I yell as I walk into my house.

There was no response, so I just assumed that my mom was out. Normally Jack didn't get home until it was pretty late, so it was normal for him not to be home at this time. I sighed and rolled my eyes as I went up to my room and turned on Netflix. Just as I was about to start watching a new episode of Orange Is The New Black, my phone buzzed.

°1 new text notification!

I unlocked my phone and noticed that I had gotten a text from an unknown number. I raised my eyebrows and twisted my face up as I thought to myself, I wonder who it is?

unknown: hey

me: um, who is this?

I waited a couple of minutes for them to reply, a slight feeling of panic was resting at the bottom of my stomach.

unknown: it's me, Ethan.

Relief washed over me as I read his text, well that kind of scared me. I then quickly changed his contact info before texting him back, I wanted to do it now because I know that I'll forget to do it later.

me: oh, hey Ethan! What's up?

Ethan😊: um..I wanted to ask you something...

me: sure, what is it?

Ethan😊: well, I was wondering if you wanted to go grab some coffee after school tomorrow and then we could like study together?

My heart fluttered as I read the text, did he just ask me out? Well not exactly, but I guess it could count as a study date! I needed to ask him that, you know, just to make it official.

me: so you mean like a study date😏

Ethan😊: yea, I guess..💕

me: let's do it! I'll meet you behind the school tomorrow!

Ethan😊: awesome! see you tomorrow😌

I turned off my phone, and I couldn't stop smiling. My heart was racing and I was blushing like a mad man. It might not exactly be like a date, but it sure was something!
I shut off my laptop and put it down in the floor. I can't believe what just happened..! I turned onto my stomach and screamed into my pillow, letting all of the excitement out. This is the best that has happened to me so far this year.

Ethan's POV
_______________

I took a deep breath as I walked into Grayson's room. He raised his eyebrows at me as I sat down in his bed, it was quite obvious that he wanted to know how it went.

"I-I asked her.." I started saying

"And?" he asked me, clearly impatient

I smiled to myself as I replayed the texts over and over in my head.

"She said yes dude!" I exclaimed

He bro hugged me and gave me a small smile. I smiled back and lifted myself up off of the bed and walked out his room, heading back to mine. She was all that was on my mind, her perfect smile, the way her nose crinkles up when she laughs, the beautiful sparkle in her eyes, I think I might have fallen for her...

Emma's POV
______________

"Sweetie, can you come downstairs!" my mom yelled

I groaned, pushing myself up into a sitting position. What does she want now..? Slowly, I got off of my bed and made my way down the stairs and into the living room, where she was sitting all by herself. I sat down on the couch that was across from her, and let out a sigh.

"What is it?" I asked

"I-I need to tell you something.." she told me

I cocked my head to the side and raised my eyebrow, this is the first time we've ever really had a talk like this, so I don't know what she's going to tell me.

"U-um...I-i was just wondering if you did your homework?" she said stuttering

"Um..yea? Why?" I questioned

She bit down on her lips, her eyes nervously darting around the room. More lies, more excuses.

"N-never mind.." she told me

I nodded my head slowly and went back upstairs to my room. I knew she just made up an excuse, I could feel it..why does she always lie to me?

***

"How much you made? A hunna thousand dollars just in 2 days.."

I really didn't want to go to school today, I just needed a day off. But if I don't go to school, then I won't be able to go on the study date with Ethan..
I groaned and walked into the bathroom, washing my face with soap and water. My face would always get pretty oily overnight, so it was always good to wash it in the morning. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and picked up my face cleanser, and I began to just wash off any extra oils that I might've missed.

I walked over to my closet and picked out an outfit, a pair of black leggings, a cream colored knitted sweater, and a floral infinity scarf. I looked at the mirror that was on my door and looked at my outfit from all angles. I guess it fell into place with a cute study date outfit..

I went back into the bathroom and quickly straightened my hair, putting it into a somewhat messy bun. For makeup, I put on some foundation, concealer, a light pink blush, mascara, eyeliner, and a pinkish nude lipstick. I grabbed my toothbrush and started to brush my teeth, I didn't really feel like eating breakfast this morning, so I just skipped it.

I sat on my bed, just texting Ethan. I looked over at my clock, 6:40 am, I've got time.

Ethan😊: you excited for tonight?!

me: haha, I guess..

Ethan😊: 😏

me: oh my god..😒😂

Ethan😊: well, I gotta go, the bus is here.

me: it is?

Ethan😊: yep, hurry up before it leaves without you.

I snapped my head to the side and looked out the window, the bus was waiting at the stop. Yeesh, it was early today. I grabbed my bag and headed out of the door, slipping on some tan heeled ankle boots on my way out. I walked down the sidewalk and towards the bus, seeing Ethan standing there, waiting for me I think? Well he might be waiting for Gray though..

"Hey Em, ladies first." he said, trying his best to sound like a gentlemen.

I let out a small giggle and waited for him in the aisle, so we could sit down. Every morning on the bus, we'd sit in the exact same spot, the spot where it all began.

{I don't know about that ending tho...but ayy, thanks for 90 reads! yesterday I was only at 50, so I guess some people are actually reading this book lol.}