Chapter 30/ Final Chapter

Emma's POV
_____________________

I woke up to the usual beeping of my clock, but didn't bother to turn the alarm off, there was really no point, today was going to be the last time I'm gonna hear that noise anyways. I grabbed the rope off of the bed and walked over to the bathroom, laying it down on the sink. There was a big hook that stuck out of the ceiling, a perfect place to attach the rope. But first, I wanted to get a shower.

I stripped off my clothes and walked underneath the cool water, a wave of chills prickling down my back. I took the time to wash my hair and body, leaving it smelling like (you guessed it) Japanese Cherry Blossoms. Once I was all washed, I turned the shower off and stepped out onto the white tiled floor of the bathroom. Beads of water dripping off my skin, I grabbed my towel off of the floor and wrapped it around me tightly. I walked out to the room and changed into a pair of black leggings and a light purple knitted sweater, throwing my half dried hair into an awful messy bun.

I walked back over to the bathroom and started getting things ready.

Ethan's POV
_____________________

I couldn't contain my excitement, I was so happy that I could finally see Emma today. What scared me most, was how she was going to react to this. Will she be happy, frightened, mad..? I don't know, but let's just hope they believe my act so I can get in.

Jack pulled up into the parking lot and parked the car in an empty space, before giving me a pat on the back.

"Go get her man." he said, giving me a small smile.

"Thanks dude, I should be back soon." I replied, returning the smile.

I opened the car door and stepped outside, the chilly air sending a shiver down my spine. I closed the door with a slight slam and stalked away, making my way towards the two glass doors on the building. I grasped onto the frosted handle, yanking the door open. I walked inside, a sudden rush of warm air circulating around me, heating up my body. I let out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding, and trekked over to the front counter, placing my hands on the smooth marble counter top to try and grab the women who worked here's attention.

"Uh, hello how may I help you?" she asked in a sickly sweet voice.

Here it goes.

"H-hi, I'm Jack Parks, brother of Emma Parks. I'm here to visit her today." I told her in a firm tone, trying my best not to burst from excitement.

She nodded her head and began typing away on the computer that sat in front of her. I took a chance to look around here from where I'm standing, and it was actually a pretty nice place, Emma must like it here, because I know I would. Everything was top notch, the furniture, electronics, everything.

"Alright, she's just down the hallway in room 187." she told me, gesturing to the right side of the corridor.

"Okay, thank you so much." I said, giving her a wide grin.

I turned on heel and began my journey to her room, my converse squeaking against the linoleum floor as I walked.

I can't believe I'm finally gonna see her.

Emma's POV
_____________________

I stood up on my stool, pulling the loop of rope over my head. I didn't know what to do, I already wrote a letter that was on my bedside table, so I guess it's just time to get things over with.

I didn't think I would cry over this, but I was. A hot tear slid down my cheek, splashing onto the sleeve of my sweater. But after one tear came down, several others began cascading down my face, but I didn't bother to wipe it away. I was finally doing what everyone wanted me to do, so I hope I make them happy. All I ever wanted was to make others happy, and if this is what pleases them, then I guess it's just what I have to do. And this is going to make me happier also, no longer having to suffer through any of the pain.

"I'm sorry Mom and Jack, I love you guys so much." I whispered, tears flowing out of the corners of my eyes.

"And I know I could be difficult sometimes, and I'm sorry about that. You guys are amazing people, and please don't be sad about this. It's for the best." I continued saying

"But most of all, I'm sorry Ethan. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I love you so so much. Please forgive me." I finished talking, my heart aching in pain.

I got myself ready, and began a mini countdown.

10

This is what's supposed to happen to you Emma, you deserve this.

9

Nobody will care if you do this, as long as it makes them happy, then that's all that matters.

8

I can hear someone's footsteps, but who could it be?

7

Someone's fucking knocking on my door...too bad.

6

Please God, take me away.

5

Here.

4

I.

3

Go.

2

I heard the door burst open, but I couldn't go check who it was, it was already too late.

1

"I love you, Ethan." I whispered

I pushed off of the stool, kicking it over so nothing could support my feet. I felt my pulse slowing down rather quickly, and before I knew it, the room was filled with silence.

Everything went black.

{THE END. Please let me know your thoughts on this book, and thank you so much for reading it!! sorry for the sad ending though.. 😔 I feel so bad for Ethan oh my god, imagine how he'd react to seeing that😭 I'm sorry if there were some crappy chapters here and there and I'm also sorry if there were really rushed chapters. but yea, I hope you enjoyed the book! Btw, I'm really not looking forward to going back to school😒 even though when I post this chapter I'll probably already be back😂😑 anyway, thank you guys so much for reading this!! 😘LOVE YOU GUYS😘}