2

Niall's POV•

Louis dropped me off after the short drive, which was silent after what he told me, and I quickly speed walked towards my locker, not because of bullies but of human interaction. I don't like it, like at all.

I open my locker swiftly, stuff my bookbag inside, grab my books for the first few periods, then slam my locker door shut.

I glance to my left to see the figure I saw in the street, Liam to be exact, and he sends me an evil looking smirk as his eyes glow a dark shade of red.

His eyes... What just happened to them?! I shake my thoughts away since it was probably a glare or something in his eyes and make my way towards my classroom.

I'm guessing that he's a new student but why was he staring at me? I know I'm hot but damn! He really needs to stop looking at me like he wants to devour me, jeez.

I step into my first class and quickly sit down in my seat, which is thankfully in the back, and sigh in relief that Liam will most likely sit in the front, if he's in this class, and not next to me since it's the darkest and quietest part of the room. That'd be really uncomfortable.

Students step into the classroom and when I think that the last student has walked in, I was wrong. Liam was the last student to walk in.

I look down at my desk, praying to god that Liam sits in the front and not next to me. When he comes walking over with the teacher, I mentally swear to myself for jinxing it.

"I understand that you really don't like interacting with other people but someone has to sit with you back here, Mr.Horan, and it's the new student and your new friend." Ms.Collins smiles my way as I keep looking down, then I feel someone sit next to me. Liam.

She walks away with a sigh escaping past her pink lips. When I look up at Liam, he looks back at me with a smirk. "I know who you are," I say softly as I looked back down.

"Oh, do you now," he asks with a deep, slightly gravelly voice as I feel him stare at the side of my head, burning it with his eyes.

"You're Liam, Liam Payne. But I'll find out more about you, somehow," I said with slight courage and with more confidence.

"You think so? No one knows my secrets. To hell you would find out."

I rolled my eyes slowly before the bell goes off with its high pitched tone. "So, before your spring break, which starts this Friday, you'll have to do a project with a partner about anything on this list that I'm about to hand out." She starts handing out the lists.

"You won't have to be in front of the class to present it, but you'll have to type it out with the exceptional detail I know you push out for me."

When she hands Liam and I a list, she winks my way, making me smile slightly. She heads back to the front of the class.

"You'll have to find the information in books, old newspapers, and magazines, if you can, in our schools library. Before you ask, yes, all the information you'll need will be in the books which are about your topics, obviously." The class chuckles then everyone starts picking partners.

"You're being my partner. There's no way I'm working with other people besides someone who knows my name. I need to get rid of you."

I look at him blankly. "What do you me-"

"Another word, and I'll hurt your friend, Louis."

Shivers ran up my spine as soon as he mentioned Louis, right before he groaned and got up from his seat then left without a single word. He wouldn't actually hurt him right? If I would have said another word...

~*~

The rest of the school day was an extreme blur. I paid attention to my teachers and the notes they gave to the classes, but it was still a large blur somehow. I wonder why.

Maybe Liam made me feel like I couldn't think. Maybe he's inside my head? No, no that's too insane, but it has to involve Liam. God, I really need to get to Louis and talk about this.

I stuff my school belongings in my locker, grab my bookbag to start the project since I can't just leave my bookbag there, and I hate carrying papers since Liam won't help me, I know he won't, then I slam my locker shut to turn and bump into a heavy chest.

"Ready to start the project, friend," he asks with a small smirk as he grabs my wrist.

"Can you not touch me please. But yes, I'm ready." I try and get him to let me go but to no avail, I can't. "Liam, please, or I'll scream your name." I grin evilly, making him let go of my wrist. Success!

"Let's just get to your house." He turns around and starts walking towards my home while I follow slowly behind him, frightened for my life.

~*~

As we are nearing my house, I catch up to him slowly as his walking speed decreases. When he turns his head slightly to see me, he growls like a dog.

"What's wrong with you," I asked as we kept walking.

"There's nothing wrong with me. There's something wrong with you, though." I glare at him, only slightly, and keep walking.

"What's wrong with me? I'm just a kid in high school who hates people," was what I said, which made him chuckle quietly.

"I hate people as well. We got something common, but I still hate you more."

I rolled my eyes. "Hey, why were your eyes glowing earlier when you were staring at me," I asked, clearly changing the subject.

"Must've been a glare," he said, then let out a long, low growl.

"Nah, you're a vampire," I said, only jokingly since there's no such things as vampires.

"I could be, you never know."

I rolled my eyes again. "Sure. You would have probably bitten me by then anyways, so you're not."

I hear him growl, yet again.

"Why do you growl so much?"

He grabs my wrist then pins me to the nearby tree. "I am so close to gouging your eyes out, eating them, then drinking all of your blood, so please shut your goddamned mouth!"

My heart began beating rapidly from his actions and words. What the hell?

"You're so lucky this is the tree next to your house," he said before walking up the steps as I'm still leaning on the tree, almost breathless.

That was insane... Those words, I felt like he meant that. Like he was actually going to do it. There's no way he could though, right? So many unanswered questions!

I finally get out of my daze then quickly step up the newly painted, a couple days ago they were painted, white steps of my enormous house and open the front door with a slight smile as Liam trails behind me.

Louis walks up with a smile but when he sees Liam, his smile drops and his expression turns into a look that really scares me. A really demonic look.

"What is he doing here?"

~*~

Cliffhanger fun ;)

What do you guys think of this new story so far? Comments would be really appreciated. :)

Until next chapter, Lovelies. <3 xx