5

•Niall's POV•

Opening my eyes and feeling something heavy on me, I see Louis looking down at me with a smile on his face. "What're you doing?" I groaned as he chuckled.

"I was checking to see if you were still pissed at me, are you," He asked while I closed my eyes.

"No, I'm not pissed." I yawn. "Can you please get off of me." He gets off of me then leaves the room with a smile.

He really cares for me. It's weird but nice.

I quickly did my morning routine then walked down the steps of the house and enter the kitchen to see Louis munching on an apple with a smirk. "What're you smirking about," I ask as I'm already ready for school.

"You can never be really mad at me, Nialler. That's all I need to say." I roll my eyes at him as I grab a green apple from the bowl from the counter. "I was before I crashed hard yesterday, but I guess we're okay now."

He smiles softly. "Good. Now, I almost forgot that you know I'm a vampire, which means I can use my powers." I look at him slowly.

"Which are running quickly, having fangs..."

"Reading minds, godly strength, yes," he finishes with the same smile.

"Wait, vampires can read minds," I ask confused.

"Oh yeah. Only special vampires have that kind of ability. Well, the ones that are alive now, which are Liam, Sophia and I, then their kids and so forth."

I smile. "Well, that's cool. Do you have to do something to read people's minds or does it just happen automatically," I ask.

"I have to concentrate on a person to read their mind. I can't read other vampires' minds, though."

I nod softly. "That's reasonable. Now, I need to head to school. Liam is probably waiting for me."

He pats my shoulder before I leave. When I exit through the door, before closing the door behind me, I immediately see Liam leaning against my tree.

I walk up to him with a small smile and when he looks up to me see me, he groans slightly. "Finally. What took you so long," he asked before we started walking to school.

"Me and Louis were discussing some things," I answer with a grin.

"What things," he asks while walking slower than before, so I could catch up.

"How you can read minds and stuff since you're both special vampires, along with some girl named Sophia. Yesterday he told me that you're supposed to make babies with her, like a lot of them, to start a new generation."

He sighed softly. "Yeah, we are. I don't love her, but she's obsessed with me. She's already pregnant with quintuplets. So fucking many. They'll be born sooner than you think."

I nod softly. "How many are you supposed to make, if you know," I ask softly, afraid he'll pin me against something again.

"Too many too count. Well to me, I guess. At least 30 so then our children can make babies soon as well. It's fucked up, but it is what it is."

I hum. I asked a question this time "Yeah, so about yesterday, how am I special?"

He sighed, again. "I can't really explain it, I'm sorry. You'll figure it out on your own."

I whine. "Is it a good or a bad thing? At least, tell me that." I nearly whimpered. I hate it when I don't get what I want.

"It's a good thing, trust me," he said with an evil looking smirk on his face.

"That smirk means otherwise."

He chuckled. "It's a good thing, okay? You'll soon see why. Maybe in a few weeks after I've been protecting you."

I feel like it involves him in some ways. I mean, the way he is saying it, it's just a weird feeling.

As we are walking, I see a figure in the distance, and Liam sees it as well since he groans quietly. "Here comes Sophia. I'll protect you, of course." I smiled in my head but frowned on the outside.

Sophia runs up to us from the distance as we stopped walking and she smiles at Liam but frowns my way. "Why are you with him, Baby," she said while crossing her tanned arms.

She isn't that beautiful to be honest.

"I'm his protector," he answered, making her scoff and roll her black eyes.

"And you tell me this now," she said, clearly annoyed of my presence.

"Well, I can't tell you this when we're having sex, now can I? You leave right afterwards because I don't love you, Sophia, got that?!"

I tensed up again but because of his yelling.

"Ugh, whatever. I'll see you later. Our babies will be born already to see their father." She then flies off in her large bat form, making me frown.

"She's a bitch," I muttered, making Liam laugh, but only lightly.

"Nice one and very true," he admired as we are nearing the school, a smile forming on my face.

"Thanks." He nods softly as we enter through the gates.

We enter the school to then depart from each other to our lockers to get our books and other belongings. I open my locker to glance at Liam who is getting his stuff. When he glances at me, a really small smile spreads across his face.

We slam our lockers shut at the same time after grabbing our things, then we step in class together as we walked side by side. We sat down in our spots in the back and begin waiting for the bell to ring.

"So, are we friends," I ask as we wait patiently.

"I guess so. You really want to be friends," he asks before almost chuckling.

"Well, I do need more friends. All I have is Louis. He's great and all, but I don't want to have just one friend."

He sighs. "I see your point there. Friends it is." He smiles softly and I smile back.

"Friends it is," I say back with my smile brightening as the bell rang.

Well, Liam and I are friends. It's a nice start.

~*~

They're friends! It sure is a nice start. :)

Hope you liked this chapter. <3