3

•Niall's POV•

"Long time no see, eh Louis," Liam says as a smirk spreads across his scruffy face. He has a nice, small beard.

"What're you doing here," Louis asks as he pulled me next to him.

"I'm just working on a project with my partner here. As a matter of fact, I need to go to the schools library. I'll be right back." He then exits the house, shutting the door behind him.

"He shouldn't be in school with you," said Louis with a dark tone.

“Why not," I asked as we sat on the wide, comfy couch in the decorated living room.

"There's so much you don't know, so little time before he does something. I know he'll do something." He looked down, sighing.

"He said he'd get rid of me eventually. I understand that he might want to kill me but why?" I began playing with my thumbs.

"Did you say his name? That usually ticks him off since only a few amount of people know it."

I looked up at him before nodding slowly. I sigh softly. "I don't understand why he would try to kill me, though. I need more information on him." I stand up from the couch, letting out a low groan, then leave the living room to my actual room.

I shut the blue door behind me, lock it, go over to my desk where my laptop is, then sit down on my chair after turning it on.

I bite my lip in anticipation, waiting for the laptop to turn on fully and when it does, I quickly open my browser to then look up Liam Payne.

Maybe something about him will pop up? I have to try, at least.

I clicked the enter button and as I'm about to click a link, the door gets beaten down on by a strong fist, so I quickly shut my laptop to stand up from my chair to unlock and open the door.

Liam pushes past me as he lets out a soft puff of air. He sits down on my bed to drop books down next to him with a few pieces of paper.

"How-"

"Shh! No talking. I may be a dïck, but I'm smart, so I'll do all the work. Continue doing what you were doing." I look at him in slight shock but quickly sit back down at my desk as my heart beats out of my chest.

"What are you doing for the project, at least," I said as I clicked the link about him, making sure he can't see.

"Vampires," he answered with a calm voice as my heart stopped. Not because of what he said but what I found as he said it.

It seems that his name is really Liam Payne, of course, he's 18, in human years, and 1200 years old in vampire years, and he's a vampire, clearly. This has to be a joke, right?

I quickly shut the laptop and sat next to him, and I don't care if he hurts me. I know his secret, I think. "I know your secret Liam," I said looking straight at him with no expression at all.

"Oh, do you now? What is my secret," he asks as the red in his eyes come back. Should I run?

"You're a vampire."

He chuckles. "They don't exist, idiot."

I squint my eyes at him. "Why do your eyes turn red then? There's no glare in the room so don't use that excuse," I pointed out since the blinds are closed and the drapes are covering them.

He stays silent and keeps working on the project about what he is. "You don't need these books, Liam. You're a vampire and that's that!" I nearly yelled, making him drop the books and such on the bed to then grab me and pin me to the nearest wall.

"You better shut your fücking mouth or I will literally suck the blood out of you."

I whimper in his touch, so he lets me go to finish the work.

"So you really are a vampire?"

He nods slowly, making my heart beat a million times faster.

"I see... What would you do if I told the whole school or even Louis," I ask softly as he closed the books and grabbed the paper along with them.

"He already knows and the whole school will just think your insane," he said straightforwardly.

"I'm gonna yell at that skinny ass.” He then stands up and heads to the door, which is where I'm standing now.

"I'll finish this at my cabin. You've seen it, I know you have."

I nodded softly. "One more question before you go."

He sighs and nods. "Go ahead.."

I bite my lip and nod to myself. "Before I ask the question, why were you saying that you were going to kill me if I told everyone your name? Please, I want to know." I look at him, and he looks back with a bloody red color in his eyes still.

"Because no one can find out that I'm a vampire. If the word comes out, I'll most likely be experimented on, and I'm the only living vampire, except one other, at least, I think. I don't want a lot of shit on my hands at the moment, is all."

I nodded slowly. "Okay, I understand," I say softly as he rubs his tattooed arm.

"So, the question then," He asks with annoyance in his voice.

"Oh yeah, sorry." He rolls his eyes. I sigh. "Why do you always pop up? Were you the one who made me have that gut feeling as if I was being stared or looked at?"

He looks down slightly before sighing and looking up again with his eyes now a grayish color.

"I pop up and I always stare at you from afar because... I was born to be your protector."

~*~

This is getting pretty gooood. :)

Thoughts about this chapter? Comment if you'd like. ;)

Until the next chapter, Lovelies. <3 xx