Chapter Four

Day one.

Nash had given me seven days to decide what I wanted to do. A single week to alter my life forever. Did I want to help bring the Genovese down, to bring Alessio down.

Professing my love to him and spending the night wrapped up in each other certainly was not the best way to start the seven days. The one week. Less than a quarter of a month. It was all I had.

I watched Alessio from my position on the bed. Lying on my stomach, my arms crossed below my head, cheek resting on the crossed arms. With closed eyes Alessio brought his fingers slowly up and down my exposed spine as if second nature, the action occasionally made me shudder.

"That was possibly the best night of sleep I've ever gotten." He muttered.

"What sleep?"

"That's precisely the point." He said a shit eating grin taking over his face.

If I wasn't so ridiculously comfortable where I was I would have swatted him for being so crude. But it's not like I could disagree. We had spent the entire night recreating what Silvano had interrupted. And I do mean all night. Just the thought sent tingles to an already pleasantly sore area down below.

"Your skin is hot. Are you coming down with a fever my sweet?" He teased.

"Alessio." I warned.

There was a gentle knock on the door. "Entare." He said and his eyes finally opened and fixed onto me.

Pietro poked his head through the door. "Were you planning on spending all day in bed? We do of course have business matters to attend to."

I rolled over with the blanket pressed against me and reddened cheeks. Alessio sat up careless to his exposed body. "Do we have reports?"

"For hours now."

Alessio stood and careless to his completely exposed body wandered into the bathroom. With a raised and slighted voice he called out. "Hours? Why the hell are you just now coming to me then?"

"You were...busy." Pietro replied and glanced to me with a knowing grin.

Alessio came back into the room half dressed in boxers and pants but still shirtless. The suspenders attached to his pants hung carelessly down his legs. "Witnesses?"

Pietro nodded almost gravely and Alessio narrowed his eyes.

"Suspects?" He said in a low tone.

Pietro nodded again and Alessio cursed. I looked cluelessly between the two.

Alessio pulled on a white sleeveless shirt and I frowned as it covered the most breath taking parts of his body. He pulled a button up on next as usual and began buttoning it.

"What's going on?"

He looked up with his shirt half buttoned and looked almost apologetic. "I'm not used to having others in my life to explain things to."

I waited for the explanation but it didn't come. "The explanation?" I finally asked after he had buttoned his shirt and tucked it into his pants carefully.

"Don't worry." He said and pressed a light kiss to my forehead.

"Alessio!" Had I been even partially dressed or had Pietro not been in the room I would have followed after him but I really didn't need Pietro checking out the oddly shaped mole on my ass.

He pulled his suspenders up to his shoulders, grabbed a suit jacket as he breezed by his closet and left the room. Pietro shot me an apologetic look and followed after him.