BONUS CHAPTER

Hey readers! Just a quick note that this is in ALESSIO'S POV and is a direct continuation of the last bonus chapter.

It was just a lap dance. Just a lap dance. That's what I would continue to tell myself. It was just a lap dance. A lap dance where her hips grinded to the music, where she slowly and seductively pulled on my tie and then loosened it in a way that didn't make me want to strangle her with it. Just a dance where at one point she'd raised herself off of me completely, keeping her knees on the couch on either side of me and her hands on the back of the couch beside my head, her eyes never leaving my own, her plump little lip between her teeth and her body still moving thought not against my own. It meant nothing that after several impatient seconds I'd put my hands to her hips and pulled her back against me with a frustrated grunt.

It was just a dance.

And her body still sitting on me now? Over two hours later with my suit jacket wrapped around her, the material cloaking her skin and her soft citrusy scent wrapped in my own musky one. The way my arm wrapped comfortably around her body and my hand resting on her thigh? Meaningless.

The fact that she had left a time or two to use the restroom and returned to me each time by flopping down on me, arms around my shoulders and an attitude as though we'd known each other our whole lives. Her coy "Why Mister Genovese what a shock to find you here." It all meant nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Just like the trust I put into Kate, the efforts I put in protecting her, the time we had spent together. Our relationship. It meant nothing. Absolutely nothing.

I hadn't been oblivious to certain signs. Not being oblivious made it even worse. I had realized something was amiss when I noted the GPS on her phone was marking her stationary for hours. I could have simply assumed she stayed at home all day, but to not pick the phone up? Not even once? She knew I was tracking her and didn't want to be found. I noticed her attitude change, her hiding out in the bathroom more often, frequently after sex having some sort of obnoxious womanly break down, something was off but I ignored it. I was the worst kind of idiot. The one who knew that something was off but chose to let it go because I trusted her.

I didn't trust anyone. Not enough to turn a blind eye when I knew something was amiss at least. But I had trusted her. And look where it had gotten me?

It meant absolutely nothing. Any of it.

At the thought of Katherine my hand slid from Lux's thigh to her inner thigh. She shifted her weight on me slightly but made no complaint or attempt to stop me. She continued on with a conversation I couldn't give two shits about.

Everyone was having a nice night. Oscar had apparently installed some sort of rotation system of women to be on his lap through out the night. As I had had Oscar in charge of the Casino before the raid, I had had Enzo in charge of the club for years. He maintained the same sort of rules as I usually did.

Don't get attached. Don't get physical, and certainly don't fall in love with any of them women. So while they would occasionally stop by and swoon over him or insist on refilling his drink before it had even been emptied, he didn't get physical with any of the women.

It was a good thing too. Because next thing he knew he would be in love, nearly get her killed, beg like a fȕcking dog for her to be with him. He falls and love and what next? He's checking cameras and GPS's every ten minutes to ensure she's still living and the little bitch will sneak off into his own bathroom and suck some fȕcking asshole's dick right under his nose. Enzo shouldn't fall in love. Certainly.

The longer we sat here, everyone truly enjoying the night, the more pissed off I got.

Maybe I had spoken out of tone to Kate, it wouldn't have been the first time. Then again, maybe I hadn't. Maybe she was being a whore. Who the fȕck knows what she did in there with Matteo. Hell, for all I knew she was being passed around the whole damn Bonanno behind my back and he'd come into my restaurant looking for some way to spice up their sex life.