Stalker

A/N: warnings for violence and torture.

Bucky wanders into Rogers Cafe like he always does, he smiles at Steve happily and Steve hands him his usual with a smile. Bucky wanders over to his usual table in the corner. There was an old camera sitting at the table. He picks it up and looks around for the owner. He waits several minutes but no one comes to get it so he sits down and studies it. He's overcome with curiosity and looks through the photos. They were of him. Must've been a mistake. He thinks flicking through more. He feels like someone put rocks in his stomach as he finds the entire camera is filled with pictures of him. All of them except for the last one. The last one was picture of a note that read: I have been watching you James for a while now and I've decided that you're the one. Have a nice day.

Bucky drops the camera, his heart pounding hard in his chest. Steve calls out his name and he jumps and Steve looks at him concerned. He lets Natasha take the customer approaching the counter and takes the seat across from Bucky.

"You look a bit shaken up Buck." Steve frowns, studying him carefully. Bucky swallows and runs a hand through his hair.

"M'fine." He sighs. Steve nods and pulls a cookie from his pocket.

"Went to Sam's last night and Riley made cookies." Steve explains.

"Thanks." Bucky says quietly. Steve could tell something was wrong because Bucky loves Riley's cookies. Steve puts the back of his hand against Bucky's forehead and frowns.

"You sure you're okay? You don't have fever but you're looking really pale." Steve frowns, pulling his hand away.

"Uh yeah. I'm gonna... I'm gonna go home... And rest." Bucky mumbles getting up. He grabs the camera and the walks away leaving Steve alone and confused at the table.

_______________________________________________________________________

He had all the photos printed and pinned them all to his wall. He'd been running on caffeine and fumes for three or four days. No matter how many time he studied the photos he still found no clue as to who took the pictures. As each day dragged on he became more and more afraid of what the person wanted. He wakes with a start to someone pounding on the door. He grabs a bat and answers it.

"Gosh Buck, you look awful." Steve says looking him up and down. Bucky ducks his head ashamed. "Have you slept?" He continues, Bucky shakes his head. He didn't think so. Had he?

"What's going on?" Steve asks, placing his hand on his hips and waiting for Bucky to answer. Bucky swallows and opens the door wider so he can see the wall of photos. "Are you stalking someone!" Steve asks alarmed.

"No!" Bucky cries, "Someone's stalking me." He explains. Steve pauses and inspects the pictures.

"The one for what?" Steve asks, eyes scanning over the picture of the letter.

"I don't know Steve! Why do you think I have this all spread out! I... I..." Bucky shouts, trailing off at the end. Steve grabs him by the shoulders and pulls him into a tight hug.

"It'll be okay. We'll figure this out." Steve assures. Bucky nods against Steve's chest. "We'll figure it out Buck." Steve sighs. Bucky swallows. Steve gets him to eat lunch and then lie down. Steve stays awake so Bucky can actually get some sleep. Steve was scared for Bucky. He didn't know what this person wanted. Why Bucky? Steve stays with Bucky until he wakes. Bucky sits up feeling better and Steve looks at him.

"You can come stay at my place if that will help." Steve offers, Bucky chews on his lip before nodding reluctantly. "Get what you need then we can go."