Squirrels and Pigeons

Bucky throws bread at the pigeons smiling happily. He notices a squirrel looking at him in a particularly threatening way. Bucky shifts away and feeds the birds. He looks over and the squirrel is closer and staring at him with those beady demon eyes. He frowns at the squirrel and continues to feed the pigeons. He glances over at the squirrel to find it's right next to him. He has no warning before the squirrel is attacking him. He runs away with the squirrel clawing and trying to rip his eyes out. He shows up at the tower and Steve takes one look at him and shakes his head.

"My little danger magnet," he sighs.

   "The squirrel was really mean," Bucky mumbles as Steve leads him down to the truck.

   "I believe you," Steve assures, getting his seatbelt on.

   "He was so evil," he whimpers.

   "It's okay," Steve assures, patting his knee.

   "You didn't see his vicious little demon eyes," Bucky mumbles as Steve helps him get out of the truck at the hospital.

   "It's okay, he can't hurt you anymore," Steve promises, leading him inside.

   "It was scary," he murmurs, pressing up against him.

     "It's okay baby, he won't get you anymore," Steve assures, holding his hand as Sharon makes sure Bucky's well taken care of.

   Bucky yawns and Steve holds him close. "My little danger magnet," he smiles.