Pies and Love

Bucky watches Steve anxiously from across the table. The blonde moans as he pulls the fork away from his mouth.

   "That's amazing," he gushes praise and Bucky's cheeks heat up.

   "So you think it's okay?" Bucky asks shyly.

   "Okay? Gosh you're an idiot. It's amazing!" Steve exclaims, wanting to grab his friend by his bony shoulders and shake some sense into him.

   "I was thinking of doing a lemon meringue, a banana cream, and a key lime, as well as the other ones I've got prepared," Bucky explains, finally looking a little less anxious. Steve nods because Bucky was so damn adorable, especially when he was unsure of something. The brunette chews on his abused lip, waiting for an answer.

   "That sounds good. There'll be so much pie... Do you have all the ingredients you need?" Steve asks, looking around their kitchen.

   "Well no, but I plan on going grocery shopping after I shower and get dressed."

   "Alright, want me to come with you?"

"Not really, I don't want to bother you but I'll probably need a car and well I can't drive," Bucky lifts the stump of his left arm into the air and Steve sighs softly. Bucky had been born with a stump for a left arm. He'd never bothered with learning to drive and hated prosthetics. He had his fair share of health problems, anemia, a heart murmur, and a stomach problem that made it so he could only eat certain things on some days. He was having a rough patch and his stomach had been very fickle the past few weeks and it was beginning to show, Bucky had always been thin but now he was below his average weight which was already pretty low; his bones stuck out even more prominently and it worried Steve.

   "It's not a problem," Steve shrugs. He stands up and let's Bucky know he's going to go get dressed. Bucky turns off the oven then takes a shower. He dresses quickly after, in a red and cream colored, striped, long sleeve shirt, that was too big currently, paired with a pair of gray skinny jeans with the bottoms trapped inside of his simple black converses. Steve holds out a gray beanie and the brunette takes it, pulling it over his damp hair.

   "Jeans? You really don't have to wear jeans for me," he frowns and Steve rolls his eyes.

   "I can't live in jogging pants my entire life. Besides, might as well wear 'em while they still fit. All you're amazing cooking is starting to get to me," he smiles and nudges Bucky in the shoulder. Steve had been scrawny and sickly when he was a kid but then he hit his growth spurt and all of that just sort of went away then he became a mountain of muscle, but then he met Bucky and all that hard work and muscles started to become soft, squishy, fat. Steve's stomach was round and soft, his thighs were large as well and rubbed together when he walked, his arms were beginning to soften as well and his face was quite round. He'd been entering all sorts of eating competitions in the past year and he'd signed up for a pie eating contest but their baker had to pull out and Steve had volunteered Bucky. He probably should've asked the brunette first but Bucky was more than happy to help.

   "Sorry," Bucky apologizes softly, blushing and looking down at his feet rather than Steve's overly tight skinny jeans that hadn't been skinny when he'd bought 'em.

  "It's fine. Ready to go?" He asks, wrapping an arm around the brunette's small shoulders.

  "Ready when you are," Bucky nods. Steve tosses the brunette his leather jacket and Bucky tugs on the article of clothing and looks at Steve. It fit poorly and the left sleeve hung empty.

   "Let's go," Steve nods. Bucky slips into the passenger's seat and turns on the radio. After they get to the store and get all the things they need they head home. Steve sketches Bucky while the smaller brunette cooks, the contest was in two days and he needed to bake 200 pies. Bucky managed to bake all two hundred pies in time and the hosts send some people to get them transported. After making sure they got into the van safely Bucky crashed on the couch.