The Farm Boy and the City Boy

Steve gets out of the taxi at the end of the long driveway and looks around before picking up his bags and marching down gravel pathway. He's startled by a herd of sheep running towards him followed by a shirtless male and a dog.

"Come on Buddy!" The young adult shouts, skidding to a halt in front of Steve. "Who are you?" He asks, a curious scowl on his face.

"Steve Rogers, is this the Barnes family's home?" He asks, reading the piece of paper with the name on it.

"Yeah, why?" The brunette questions, putting his hands on his hip.

"I'm staying here for the summer," Steve explains. The brunette pauses then smiles.

"Steve, I'm James but people call me Bucky," Bucky beams, offering him a hand.

"Nice to meet you," Steve smiles.

"Nice to meet you. If you go inside Phil should be painting your room," Bucky offers.

"Thank you," Steve replies and carries his stuff inside. He finds his way to a bedroom where Phil was painting the walls like Bucky said he'd be. "Hey uncle Phil," he speaks up.

   "Steve! How are you? You've gotten so big!" Phil comments, pulling him into a hug.

    "I'm good. I see you're still adopting kids," he hums.

  Phil frowns for a second. "Oh! You mean James, he's not mine, he's lived here for his entire life and refused to go when his parents passed away, I wasn't just going to kick him out. He lives on the land and takes care of the animals."

   "Ah. He seems... Nice," Steve hums.

   "He's definitely a bit... Interesting," Phil agrees. "So this is your room, I was just finishing up the painting, it should be dry now, you can get settled in before you come down and join us for dinner in about an hour."

"Thanks uncle Phil," Steve smiles. Phil leaves with the ladder and Steve puts his things on the bed. He looks out the window to see Bucky in what looked like the horse pen. He watches Bucky swing up onto a horses back while the horse is in motion. He starts to unpack his things and eventually it's dinner time.

"Hey Steve," Natasha hums when he enters the kitchen.

"Nat," he smiles, walking up to her and giving her a hug.

   "How've you been?" She questions.

   "I've been good. You?"

  "I'm good," she smiles.

     "That's good," Steve nods. Phil sets two plates down on the table.

   "Dinner's ready, I'm going to be right back. I'm taking James some food," Phil explains.

   "I'll take it," Nat takes the plate and walks out.

   "He doesn't eat with you?" Steve asks.

   "No. He prefers not to, he doesn't actually eat a lot anyways," Phil explains.

   "Hmm. He did look pretty small," Steve comments off handedly.

   "He's very one with the animals," Phil explains.