Blizzard

Bucky opens the cooler door with a sigh, he begins to restock the milk. The lights flicker and he glances up at the ceiling. They don't go out so he returns to putting the milk on the shelves. He carries the now empty crate to the back room and grabs the next crate and takes it out front. The lights flicker again and Bucky sighs.

"Hey Rogers! I'm gunna head out an check the breaker." He calls, going to the staff room and grabbing his jacket.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea." Steve calls back. Bucky shakes his head.

"Boss'll be pissed if the ice cream melts!" He shouts, tugging on his jacket then his gloves as he walks towards the door.

"I think he'd rather have melted ice cream then a missing or dead employee." Steve sighs, watching him. Bucky walks right into his shoulder.

"Damn. You're like a wall ya know." He whines.

Steve rolls his eyes. "You've said."

"It's not my fault you always seem to be in the path I'm walking. Now what were you saying 'bout corpses?" He hums. Steve sighs and grabs his head and turns it towards the window.

"You should look up once in a while." Steve hums. Bucky rolls his eyes.

"Maybe I'm Medusa and don't look up so I don't accidentally turn people to stone." He answers and Steve laughs.

"Three things wrong with that, you don't have snakes for hair, you're not female, and you don't have boobs." Steve replies and Bucky barks out a laugh.

"That's beautiful." Bucky smiles. "But now what?"

Steve thinks. "We could keep working, or play cards."

"Should probably finish work then we can react the titanic Jack." He bats his eyes and Steve snorts.

"You have an unhealthy obsession with that movie. And we're in a convenience store not the middle of an ocean Romeo." Steve calls.

"Maybe I just wanna kiss the wall." Bucky smirks.

"Shalalalala, Don't be scared, You better be prepared. Go on and kiss the wall." Steve sings to him.

"Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful?" Bucky sings back.

"All of me loves all of you." Steve sings a bit louder.

"You're here, there's nothing I fear and I know in my heart that my heart will go on and on." Bucky sings softly. "Still think we should reenact the titanic Jack."

"Not happening." Steve says firmly, looking through the aisles to find Bucky.

"Tag. You're it!" Bucky exclaims, tapping Steve's shoulder and bolting. Steve grins and chases after him. The phone rings and they freeze.

"We were not just playing tag." Bucky states before springing over the counter. He snatches the phone before he completely has his balance and falls on his butt. He somehow manages to get his hand to show above the counter to give Steve a thumbs up.

"Bucky Barnes of the Pierce quickie mart. How may I help?" He answers, just like they were trained to do. Steve leans over the counter and looks down at him. Bucky cringes and mouths Pierce at him. "Uh... Yeah, sorry. Yes. Me and Ste- Steve and I are here." He pauses. "Yep er- yes. Just us. Sorry. Yes sir. Alright. Goodbye." Bucky hangs up.

"What'd he want?" Steve hums.

"To correct my English." Bucky replies. Steve rolls his eyes.

"That's not new. What'd he really want?"

"To see if there were any customers here. From his tone 'm pretty sure he thought we weren't here. Though I'm pretty sure he has a sixth sense that goes off whenever I speak. It's scary. He also says we aren't allowed to take anything unless we pay for it. So ya know if this blizzard thing lasts a week my college savin's are gunna be cleaned out." He rants.

"Hopefully someone will help us." Steve sighs. Just then the power goes out.

"Seriously." Bucky scowls.

"Power's down but that's okay." Steve tries to stay positive. Bucky rolls his eyes.

"Security's probably down too."

"Yeah, because so many people are going to be out in this weather." Steve gestures to the growing mountain of snow holding the door shut. Bucky sticks his tongue out. Steve helps him to his feet and Bucky sighs.

"It's gunna to get cold." Bucky whispers. Steve shrugs.

"I'll keep you warm." Steve smiles, Bucky hits his shoulder.

"Sap."

"But you love me." Steve answers.

"Maybe." Bucky admits. It doesn't take long for it to start getting cold. Bucky moves closer to Steve, the pair of them huddled together in a corner behind the counter. Bucky shivers and Steve wraps an arm around him, he was surprisingly warm.

"I's kinda like the titanic. 'Cept is a store not a ship, 'n there's no water." Bucky stutters.

"We aren't going to die stupid." Steve shakes his head.

"I love you. I really do Steve." He whispers quietly. Steve leans down and kisses Bucky's ice cold lips gently.

"I love you too Bucky. Just hang on for me." He sighs. Bucky nods slowly.

"... 'Kay." He mumbles, his eyes starting to fall closed.

"Why do you always talk the way you do." Steve asks, trying to keep him awake.

"I dropped... out school. Becca... She was smarter than I ever... Was." He mumbles. "Got a job... 'Cause... 'Cause mum left."

"Yeah. You did didn't you." Steve nods, he knew this. He remembered when Bucky first told him he'd dropped out. "Tell me something else Buck. Tell me something I don't know." He prompts. Bucky mumbles something unintelligible.

"No. Hey Bucky. Bucky come on. What'd your first boyfriend look like?" He asks.

"A camel." Bucky murmurs. Steve laughs. Bucky was completely still.

"Bucky? Bucky please wake up." He pleads, Bucky remains still. Steve wraps his jacket over Bucky's and holds him close. Emergency crews pulled the pair out of the store late the next afternoon. Steve had mild hypothermia and Bucky had severe hypothermia despite Steve giving up his jacket. After being treated and released from the hospital Steve asked Bucky to move in with him. Bucky of course agreed. Bucky proposed a few years later after they'd finished watching the titanic. They were happy together and Bucky was glad for that stupid blizzard.