Prologue

He washed blood off his hands, The red staining the water. She just had to push him, just had to have her way. Why did he do this when he knew he'd get hurt? This fighting wasn't going to buy him time, wasn't even going to buy him a way out, why was he doing it?

Oh, right, because I'm too much of a coward to admit I don't have it.

But what else could I do? She'll dump me.

If she dumps me, she'll tell everyone, I'll be a joke. No one was ever friends with him before, if they found out about this lie, they sure as hell wouldn't be then.

No, this has to go on. He thought bitterly. I can't be alone again.

Tao had lied about it first when all the kids at school were boasting about what they had. He had nothing. He wanted it, but he couldn't afford it. So he lied, right through his teeth, beat them in the money game.

What a stupid kid I was then.

After his hands were clean, he splashed water on his face, blinking as the water stung his eyes. Then he pulled down a towel from the small shelf behind him and dabbed at his face.

He only had a minute before they figured out where he had gone, he'd better make this quick.

He pulled off his shirt, since it was dirty, and easily recognizable, and replaced it with a plain white tank top. He was getting a jacket when his phone buzzed. It was Haneul.

Where are you? You just disappeared all of a sudden, everything okay, babe?

He ignored the message. She'd know he'd read it, but what does it matter? They were fighting last time they spoke. And there was only a group of guys coming to kick his door down.

Tao took a look around at the shabby place he lived. He was hardly ever here anymore, keeping up the lie had forced him to spend most of his time in someone else's house. He barely recognized the walls, the peeling paint, the one and only window with a view of only the apartment across from his, and even then the window so small it wasn't worth looking out of.

Then it occurred to him--when they'd said they knew where he lived, they must have meant...

Damn.

He tugged the jacket on and threw the front door open, sprinting down the hall. She was in more trouble then he was. How could I be so stupid!

He nearly tripped down the stairs, his legs were going so fast, if they thought he was who everyone else thought he was, then they wouldn't come here, they'd go where he left Min-hee.

He ran out of the apartment to the car, pulling out so fast the wheels screeched. It was a race to see who could there first, and he'd already taken his sweet time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N.// It's short, I know, It's a prologue :) Don't hate my face for leaving it in suspense ^-^ Also, first time writing in this way, tell me what's wrong with it, huh? xD