10

~Tao~

He couldn't sleep all that night. It bothered him. He couldn't do this, he couldn't, he didn't care who it was, nor did he look. He wasn't a murderer. He laid on the couch, just staring at the ceiling, ignoring all of Haneul's annoying calls and texts, until the sun rose. And when the sun rose, Suri came running up to him and jumped up on his chest, licking his chin for a moment before just calmly laying down on top of him and whining.

"Not now, Suri." He said, his voice sounding more tired then he felt.

He wasn't in the mood for anything, for getting up, for talking, for putting on music, not even in the mood to think about how he screwed up. He wouldn't say he was drowning in self-pity, but he only thought about what he was going to do and how stupid he was for letting it get this far.

He really didn't have any options, he could do it, and hate himself for being so selfish, or he could not do it, and his men would come after him, and then probably finish the job anyway. With the second option, at least he'd have a clear conscience, though he'd probably be beaten to a pulp if not dead. He took a deep breath. This wasn't going to work.

He was scared. He knew he was scared. He knew some of these guys, they already didn't like him. Tao took a pillow from the couch and put it to his face, almost frustrated enough to scream.

Then he heard a knock at the door. He groaned into the pillow, silently hoping whoever it was would just go away. But then he heard the doorbell chime--repeatedly, annoyingly as someone just pressed the button over and over. Suri jumped off his chest and ran to the door barking.

Maybe if he waited another minute, whoever it was would assume he wasn't home.

He waited. Five minutes later, someone was still ringing the doorbell. He groaned and rolled off the couch, throwing the pillow back at it before picking Suri up and yanking the door open. "WHAT?! Gosh, can't you tell when someone wants to be left alone?!"

Tao was surprised to find himself looking down at Min-hee, who just stood there, hand up by the buzzer like she was ready to ring it three million more times. She looked cute, a red plaid skirt, and a white short-sleeve dress shirt, her hair done up in a bun while her glasses teetered at the edge of her nose. Cute? No she wasn't cute, she was nerdy-looking as hell.

She pushed her glasses up her nose, "I...I just came to see if you were alright." She said, voice kind of quiet.

Tao frowned. "Well, I'm alright, bye." He said, closing the door.

"Wait!" Min-hee put her full weight on the door, stopping him from closing it, but resulting in the door hitting him in the nose.

It sent pain all up through his skull, he backed away, dropping Suri and holding his nose. This must be the universe's way of getting back at him for giving Baekhyun that nosebleed last night.

"O-Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! Let me..." Min-hee started, scooping up Suri as she tried to run out, and closing the door behind her. She'd basically just invited herself in, the sneaky little dork.

She put Suri down and came closer to him, reaching up like she wanted to cup his face in her hands. He shook his head and backed out of her reach. It still hurt too much for him to be able to have a snarky comeback for what she had done to him, but he didn't want her touching him.

She bit her lip, probably just now catching the glare he was giving her. "I...I'm sorry, where's the first aid kit?"

Tao would have sighed if he didn't think that would hurt, she was determined to help, whether he liked it or not. "Kitchen, above the sink." He said nasally, gesturing over where the kitchen was. Min-hee nodded and went off to find it.