26

~Min-hee~

She just sent back, 'who is this?' She didn't trust that messenger guy, he'd seemed a little too excited, a little bit too much like he'd planned the whole thing. Would Tao really just message her now? Out of the blue? After three days of absolute silence? And the message didn't quite sound like him. Not quite. It just seemed off.

Kris called her over, standing next to a doctor. Min-hee went over, watching the doctor carefully. She didn't trust anything right now, at the moment she was more jumpy and scared then she'd ever been in her life. Everything seemed sinister, even the doctors curled mustache seemed like an obvious warning that he meant harm somehow.

The doctor looked at Kris and her in turn, looking more like he was looking up at something then down at something because of her and Kris's height difference. "That knife missed your friend's important arteries by about an inch, he's lucky, but he's not walking for a while, and even then he'll need therapy, but it's not permanent damage."

Kris gave Min-hee a sideways glance. "I told you."

Min-hee smiled, glad Baekhyun was alright for the most part.

"I wouldn't recommend seeing him right now though, he's still very vocal, and we're still trying to patch him up. In a few minutes he might be calmer." The doctor continued.

Of course, he only had a kitchen knife thrown in his leg. Min-hee didn't know who that sicko was that threw it, but he was stalking her, and even now, he was watching her somehow, knowing everything she was doing, but whoever he was, she wanted to catch him, get him arrested. Something, anything. But most of all, she wished that he--she--it would just leave her alone.

"Thank you." Min-hee said, bowing. Even if Baekhyun wasn't well yet, the doctors still had to put up with his screaming and yelling, and that was a lot to ask of them.

The doctor bowed back.

When he left, Kris ran a hand through his hair. "Know what? I hadn't wondered this before, but how did the knife get outside, anyway?"

Min-hee frowned, suprised that Kris had said anything. He hadn't seemed to be much of the talkative type. "What do you mean?"

Kris shrugged. "Just that I remember Baekhyun taking it from you and setting it down inside the house, but then after he locked the door, somehow the knife found it's way to his leg."

She bit her lip. That was true. What did that mean, though? What could she think after that? Maybe it was a different knife then, maybe it was a knife the creep had had the entire time. But how would they know what it looked like? Were they trying to make it look like the kitchen knife? "I don't know..."

Kris tilted his head, closing his eyes and sucking in a breath. "Sorry, that probably scared you." He opened one eye to look at her. "Ignore that bull I just spouted, it's probably nothing."

Min-hee's phone buzzed.

Kris sighed. "That creep again?"

Min-hee shook her head, not able to keep the smile from her face as she read the message. She felt like a little girl, blushing and brushing her hair behind her ear.

It's Tao. What do you mean? Screw that. Is Baekhyun okay? Are you okay? You're not hurt, right?

There was another message from that creep, but she ignored it for now. She wondered how Tao already knew that Baekhyun was in the hospital. That reminded her of that creep in a sense, so she sent back asking to prove it was Tao. She wanted it so bad, she wanted it to be Tao more then anything. Wanted it to be him, so she could talk with him again, so she could believe he was alright.

Call me then.

Min-hee swallowed. She didn't know. What if he wasn't? What if the voice that answered wasn't familiar? Damn, making a call had never seemed so hard. She checked the other message, just to make sure the creep wasn't planning anything.

Liar, liar, liar, liar! You know! You knew and you kept it to yourself!

She felt her heart start to race. The creep was upset. What did that mean? What would he or she do? Did that mean he was going to hurt someone? And What had she lied about, exactly. Min-hee took a deep breath, then replied 'Don't you dare do anything.' Min-hee wasn't the confident type, she wasn't good at this, maybe she could pretend she was, but ever since she was little, she was always that kid who never stood up for herself, or her friends, she was just submissive, letting it all go.

This was different.

This was someone hurting Baekhyun.

Baekhyun had nothing to do with this. Tao had told her about the recent job hadn't he? It shouldn't be about anyone else.

I dare, sexy. I dare ;)

Someone bumped into her, taking her out of her thoughts. She was kind of glad they did, because her thoughts were dark and thick and she could feel herself becoming distant and drifting from herself.

"Ah! I'm sorry!" He said, his eyes wide, having literally just run right into her. "I wasn't looking, I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry!" He bowed. "Please forgive me!"

"Oh, it was my fault, I wasn't paying attention." Min-hee said, smiling lightly.

This guy looked cute. Like literally, his cat eyes and chubby cheeks made him look like a little boy, and he was actually almost her height, not towering over her like Tao or Kris.

He tousled his brown hair, shyly looking up at her. "Can I make it up to you?"

"You don't have to." Min-hee said. "It's not that serious."

"But I want to, what if you were sick? Come on, my treat, I'll buy you a soda."

Min-hee pouted. This guy was probably flirting with her. She couldn't imagine why, but she'd take a free soda, so she nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I made a decision :3 This could either be a long chapter that hit you with too much at once, or two shorter chapters that brought a sort of better rhythm to  the story. So, yeah, it's short, but I like it :)