5

~Min-Hee~

"Dammit!"

She woke up with a start having heard someone yell. She quickly fumbled for her glasses and glanced over at the clock on the wall. 11:30. Dang, she'd slept in. After fighting to get out of her sheets that she'd somehow managed to wrap herself up in, she came stumbling out of the room, still half asleep, nearly forgetting to open her bedroom door and running into it.

As she walked through the living room, she noticed Tao wasn't on the couch. She frowned he couldn't have gotten far, but then she heard more angry mumbles and swearing coming from her kitchen. She followed the sound, only peeking around the corner.

Tao was in the kitchen, grumbling about the juice he'd managed to spill on the floor. The weird thing was, he was on the floor too, leaning against a cabinet, not even remotely trying to clean it up. She couldn't blame him, he looked like he was in pain.

She yawned. "I told you, you aren't ready to go walking around, idiot." She said.

He stared up at her, then tilted his head. Min-hee became acutely aware of how she must look. Her hair was probably a mess, she wasn't wearing any makeup, just wearing a sweatshirt and shorts. This was not acceptable by his pretty-boy standards, she was sure. But he shouldn't be one to judge, his hair was sticking out in all sorts of ways and he was wearing a chocolate stained shirt.

"I can walk, and if I can walk, I'm leaving." He said plainly.

"Okay, well leave."

He shrugged, obviously trying to hide the pain when he stood up. He looked steady, but anyone who knew would be able to tell he was hurting something awful.

She sighed, grabbing the phone. "I'll call my friend to drop you off." Then she dialed Jaemin's number. He was probably the only one who would be willing to drive anyone anywhere, if he was awake, that is.

When Jaemin answered, he sounded like he'd just woke up. "Y....Yello...?" Was the slow, sleep filled answer.

"Hey Jae, could you swing by my apartment and pick me up?" Min-hee lied. He wouldn't come if he knew why, and even if he would, she didn't feel like telling him the whole awkward story.

"....Ah...Ye..ah, sure....When?"

"Like right now."

He yawned through the receiver, "...I'm not...a teleporter...give me ten minutes..."

She laughed at his response, then hung up and looked back over at Tao. He looked blankly back at her, his neutral expression looked like he wanted to kill her, but from the look in his eyes, she was sure what he was really thinking was more along the lines of boredom.

~ ~ ~

When Jaemin pulled up in his black sedan, it had started raining, so much for those nice sunny days they'd been having the past week. Min-hee ran out to greet him. Knocking on the driver window.

Jaemin rolled the window down. "What?" He asked, looking confused.

"I lied." Min-hee said simply, gesturing behind her where Tao was hanging out by the doorway. The look he'd given Jaemin was a mix between curiosity and just flat out distrust.

Jaemin rolled up the window and pulled away from the curb. Min-hee caught the side mirror and pulled on it like that was actually going to stop the car, for good measure, she screamed Jaemin's name.

He stopped, and Jaemin rolled down the window again. "That is that exact same guy you spilled Ice cream all over. Did you guys like....hook up or something?"