1

~Two weeks earlier~

"Ha, that's dumb." Tao laughed, flatly looking off at something else, and hardly paying attention.

He'd been staring at the side doorway to the ice cream shop, watching people go in and out, happy, without a care, just getting ice cream. While here he sat, across from his girlfriend Haneul, only absently listening to her. In truth, he was jealous. The weather was fair, the wind was blowing, all was right with the world, but he was jealous.

"Tao, are you even listening?" Haneul asked, poking his shoulder with a pout. "What are you even looking at?" She asked, turning toward where he was looking, her red curls bouncing as she turned. He could see the frown on her face when she looked. It was cute, the way she frowned.

Tao rubbed his eye, trying to rid himself of the tiredness he felt. "I'm listening."

She turned back to him and rolled her eyes. "Yeah, then what was I even saying?"

"That everyone needs Gucci?"

She playfully smacked his arm. "You weren't listening at all! Tao...!"

He shrugged, smiling. His mind was elsewhere but he tried to act like it wasn't. "I was joking, I was joking." He lied, smiling at her.

She grabbed his face, pulling his cheeks out, "You look tired, have you been sleeping well?" She pouted. "You look horrible."

Tao smacked her hands away. He didn't like when she did that, and usually when she did it, she had some sort of comment about how he looked.

She always had an opinion on how he looked, especially in the face. "I'm fine." He said, checking his watch. Then he got up. "I've got to go," He said, leaning in and giving her a kiss on the cheek. "I'll see you later, okay?"

Haneul sighed. "You're always so busy." She said, though she was smiling. "Text me?"

Tao nodded absently, drifting away from the table, his mind was elsewhere, Haneul hadn't noticed, already pulling out her phone and tapping the screen so fast that her fingers were nearly a blur. He watched her for a second before turning and heading toward his car.

He'd dwelled on Haneul a little too long, when he turned, he ran right into someone. A second later, he realized he was covered in Ice Cream, cold and dripping all down his shirt.

"What the hell...?" He growled, annoyed. Then he took a look at who he had bumped into.

She was short, her black hair in a long French braid and big black thick-rimmed glasses framing her dark brown eyes. She looked just as shocked, if not mortified at what she had done. "Oh my--I'm so sorry!" She said, bowing. Then she ran over to a table, pulling a dozen napkins out of the dispenser, and started wiping at his shirt. "I'll get it, don't worry!"

He almost slapped her. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" He asked, voice calm, but inwardly extremely upset.

She stopped, shyly looking up at him. "Helping?"

Tao wrenched away from her. "Don't touch me." He said, then stormed off toward his car, fuming.

He was still upset when he climbed in, throwing his bag in the backseat and slamming the car door. Even though he knew he ought to keep the car nice.

Who did she think she was? Touching him... He was better then that. He was just thankful Haneul didn't see, she'd have said something worse then what he'd already said. Haneul was likely to make a big deal out of nothing.

He looked down at his shirt. Of all things, she just had to have chocolate ice cream when he was wearing a white shirt.

Fantastic.

There was no time to change it, he'd just have to show up like that, he couldn't be late again, not after what happened last time. Bruises were hard to cover up, and Haneul couldn't know about this. No one could.

But...That girl was strange. Even on the way to the meeting place, he kept thinking of how very odd she was. And what was with those glasses? They were ridiculous! He chuckled to himself. Glasses that big, and she still ran into him.

Pulling over by the meeting place, he forgot all about her and her ridiculous glasses. He stopped the engine, sitting back in the seat and running a hand through his platinum blonde hair and taking in a shaky breath. Her stupid glasses were a nice distraction for the ride over, but now that he was here, he couldn't push it from his mind.

I'm going to beat someone to a pulp for money. That was what was ridiculous.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: This chapter is short, the next one is longer ^-^ I seriously want to know what you think though, so comment? xD