33

~Tao~

"Min-hee?" He asked, seeing the look on her face. The tension in the room was obvious, even as she calmly stroked Suri's back.

She had been upset since he came in the room, her expression sad and upset and... Tao was upset himself, Haneul had just forced herself on him, and she had tried to more or less take his clothes off.

Then she demanded that it was her right or some sh*t, before slapping him and threatening to leave. Tao wanted her to leave, he didn't have the nerve to break up with her, but he'd thought of it as she slammed the door.

He just couldn't break it off just yet. He liked what he had with Min-hee more then anything, but he wasn't ready for the yelling, or all the lies she would spread, not now, not after what he knew what his decision was. They were sure to come after him as soon as he told them.

He wondered if he should hide Min-hee somewhere, that creep would be the first to try and grab her...

"...Was that Haneul?" Min-hee asked.

Tao had started to put his arm around her, but stopped when she mentioned Haneul. "Yeah..."

"Your girlfriend Haneul?" Min-hee asked, fixing her glasses, looking straight at him.

Tao got a feeling where this was going. "Min-hee, it's not like that. I promise, I wouldn't do that, I know you don't believe that, but please believe that..." Tao paused running a hand through his hair. "Don't go, Min-hee, don't go."

"You kissed her..."

"Min-hee, she kissed me, I swear to god, I didn't..." He took her hand and brought it up to his lips. He looked up at her, trying to read her expression behind those ridiculous glasses.

She looked at him, he hated how upset she still looked, but there was nothing he could do about it, what could he tell her?

He nudged his face up to hers, putting his nose against hers. Her eyes were so pretty, though her glasses kind of got in the way. "I've never said the words to anyone, Haneul never cared, but Min-hee..."

Min-hee's phone buzzed. Tao groaned. Couldn't it wait five seconds? He only needed five damn seconds.

Min-hee frowned when she saw the message, then turned her phone so Tao could see.

NO KISSING MIN-HEE! She's my sexy bunny, Tao! Don't make me watch all this again, you cheating good for nothing mother --

Tao stopped reading. Since he was so intent on watching, he kissed her. "Don't listen to him, he's not going to touch you, okay? And I know you're scared, but he can't possibly hurt you, he's probably miles away."

"You don't know that..." Min-hee said, brushing her hair behind her ear.

"I don't. But he's only watching you through this goddamn phone." He said, taking the device and tossing it aside. He'd admit, he was still upset about Haneul, very upset actually, which was probably why he threw the phone.

Min-hee looked surprised, but probably before she could register what that meant, Tao pulled her up off the bed, pulling her out of the room and into the hallway.

"Where are you...?"

Tao shrugged. "Where I go, you go, and I'd like to check on Baekhyun."

She sighed. "Tao, what about what those gangs want? What about coming up with some kind of way to--."

"I've already thought of something." Tao interrupted her, giving her a smile he didn't really feel. He hated this choice, it was the best one, but that didn't change the consequences that came with it.