01

Harry loves Ricky. He really does. He loves all that the man has done for him. He loves the little house they live in and he loves his garden he gets to have. He loves so much. Just loves it. Really. He does.

"We have neighbours," Harry tells him at dinner that night. Ricky looks up from his potatoes and his eyes look bored and uninterested.

"Awesome. My chicken is dry," he comments.

"Sorry. I'll make sure tomorrow's dinner is better," Harry quickly tells him and the man grunts and takes a big spoonful of food into his mouth.

"Shouldn't be hard to make the food good. All you have to do around here is cook," the man speaks with his mouth full and Harry sighs and he moves a pea around his plate.

"I know. I'm sorry. How was your day?" Harry asks and the man goes on about his job. Harry just listens politely, but it's always the same story. He nods at all the right parts and asks the right questions and Ricky is happy with him again. That's all Harry wants.

"I'm meeting Sarah. I'll see you later, alright?" Ricky tells him after he stops talking. He stands up and places his plate in the sink and waits for Harry to answer. Harry can't argue so he nods and he watches as his boyfriend leaves the house to fuck some whore from down the street.

Harry just gets up after a while and dumps the remainder of his food in the garbage and cleans the dishes. He scrubs the whole kitchen and then goes to the fridge and pulls out a small chocolate cake. He was hoping Ricky would stay home tonight so they could maybe share the dessert and watch movies. They used to do that. When Harry was young and stupidly in love with him. They were happy.

Harry just grabs the pastry and decides to introduce himself to the neighbours. They moved in today and he thinks it's only fair to let them know who he is. He slides on his boots and shakes out his hair before starting the small walk along his yard. They live in a fairly small area with a lot of open space. Harry wants to say it's like a cottage area, but they are houses.

He knocks on the door when he arrives at the house and he can hear movement from the inside. A pretty brunette girl opens the door and her brown eyes look up at him. She smiles at the sight and Harry thinks she's very beautiful.

"Hello," she greets him and he clears his throat awkwardly.

"Hi. I'm Harry, I live next door. I just wanted to welcome you to the community," he tells her quietly and her smile grows as she looks down at the homemade cake.

"That's so sweet, Harry. I'm Sophia. Come in," she tells him. He slowly enters her house and he sees boxes everywhere and then he sees people. They all look like college students and he grows nervous at the sight. "These are my roommates Liam and Niall. Louis is out right now, but I'm sure you'll meet him."

Harry waves at the two boys. They both appear nice and the blonde one is eyeing his cake with a hunger Harry knows well. The other boy just moves forward and wraps an arm around the girl. Harry automatically assumes they're a couple and he thinks they look good together.

"Do you go to Kings College too?" The blonde boy asks. Harry doesn't know if he's Liam or Niall and he's too embarrassed to ask.

"No. I don't go to school. Me and my boyfriend live next door," he tells them. His heart pounds as he waits to see their reaction to his sexuality. He's prepared to brawl because that's what he's used to but they all just shrug it off.

"That's cool. He didn't want to come?" The brunette boy asks and Harry shakes his head and coughs slightly.

"He's out right now. I just wanted to bring you guys the cake and let you know I'm just a few feet away if you need anything."