19

The clock seems to move slower as Harry waits for him. He never showed after his window was smashed and Harry's anger has been peaking since. He doesn't know why this is the last straw. What it is about this that made him snap.

He can hear a car pulling into his driveway and he braces himself, trying to control whatever is begging to be released. His packed bags sit on the floor next to him and he was sad to find he could fit all his belongings in two small duffle bags. Three years here and nothing that was truly his.

The door swings open and Ricky walks in, his face tired and his bags are loud as he drops them on the floor. He doesn't even look at Harry. His eyes land on the mess that resides in the kitchen and the broken pictures of them together.

"How's Sarah?" Harry asks, his voice dangerously cold. Ricky looks at him in surprise and Harry rises to his feet, his heartbreaking again at seeing him. He wanted their reunion to be happy. He wanted a loyal boyfriend and loving relationship and it's all crumbled around him.

"Excuse me?" Ricky sputters and Harry licks his lips, his anger ready to lash out.

"How's your whore?" Harry questions again and Ricky still can't seem to gather that he's been caught.

"Bet she's better than your back window," Harry answers himself and those words seem to break Ricky from his trance.

"You... You broke it?! You fucking did that?!" The man screams, his face red and Harry forces himself not to flinch. Forces himself not to cry and apologize.

"What if I did?" Harry asks and the man takes a step closer, slowly waiting for the moment he can lunge and take advantage.

"You little bitch. How fucking dare you-"

"How fucking dare you be with her! Why do you love to hurt me?! What have I ever done to you?!" Harry screams, his voice cracking as tears cascade down his cheeks.

"Don't you fucking cry. You broke my fucking window!" Ricky bellows.

"And you broke my heart! Does that matter to you?! Do I even matter to you?" Harry cries the last part, his voice wanting to be strong but his heart letting itself go again. The sight of him makes it worse.

"I don't need this shit. Throw your pity party somewhere else," Ricky tells him and Harry closes his eyes as he gets his answer. He takes a deep breath and with all his strength he leans down and picks up his bags.

"I will. I'm leaving," Harry tells him and Ricky seems to just realize that his bags are packed. Harry moves to their back door, and yelps when his wrist is grabbed and he's pulled back, falling onto the floor.

"You're not going anywhere. Who the fuck would want to have you? No one else could deal with you pathetic little stunts. Go put your shit away," Ricky snarls and Harry's head throbs from where it smacked off the floor. He slowly lifts himself up and shakes his head.

"I'm not staying here. I'd rather live on the streets again than live here with you," Harry spits and he cries out when Ricky's hand strikes him again.

"Watch your fucking tongue. I've done all of this for you, you ungrateful brat. I could've lost my job for you and you're going to walk out on me? I don't think so," Ricky growls and he moves to grab him again when their front door opens.

"Might want to rethink that," Louis' voice is cold as he looks at the scene. Harry looks up at him and he wants to cry in relief at the sight.

"Since when do you just walk through my front door?" Ricky snaps and Harry immediately worries about Louis. Louis didn't want him to stay and confront him. He wanted him to just leave and stay with him but Harry needs to stand up for himself and now Louis was going to get dragged into it.