30

The first snow blankets the ground and turns everything quiet and beautiful. Harry loves how it sits on the trees and roofs of shops. He loves how his boot prints create paths to show the world he's outside, that he's real. He loves the way Louis' nose goes pink with cold and how his mittened hands clasp Harry's as they walk in the park.

"I want to get a tree," Harry tells him, looking at the small Christmas tree lot, filled with families.

"Right now? We didn't bring the car," Louis reminds him, his words creating smoke in the air.

"No, but later maybe. I don't have decorations but I want one," Harry says, watching as young children run around and laugh, their coats and hats bright compared to the white background all around.

"I have some I can bring you. We could decorate it together," Louis offers, gently nudging him. Harry smiles at the contact, their warm coats keeping them from being really close.

"I've bought some lights just to hang around... And I have my stocking from a few years back," Harry whispers, remembering how one of the workers at the house gave him one at his first and only Christmas there.

"We'll set those up tonight. Maybe get the tree," Louis says brightly, obviously trying to lift Harry's sudden sad mood. Harry smiles for him, wanting him to believe he's okay because he is. He gets better every day.

"The tree can wait until after payday. There are more important things," Harry tells him, thinking of his bills and Louis' birthday and then Christmas presents.

"If you want one-"

"No! I want to get it myself. Thank you but no," Harry tells him, his voice polite but stern. Louis just sighs but lets it drop, sticking out his tongue to catch a snowflake on his tongue.

"Since I'm on break now we can spend every day together," Louis changes the subject and Harry smiles at the ease in his voice.

"We basically do that anyway," Harry points out and Louis shrugs, snowflakes sticking to his hair and lashes.

"Yes, but it'll be better now because less school. I still have some papers but that's no biggie," Louis continues cheerfully. Harry thinks about next year when he'll get to be excited about winter break and have his own papers and assignments.

"That's not very fair that they give you work over the holidays," Harry states and Louis laughs, the sound full and happy.

"You sound like every student ever. It's my third year so it's expected. I won't let it take time away from you," Louis says the last part with a teasing baby voice as he pinches Harry's cheeks. Harry laughs as he swats at his hands, backing off the path and into the grass around them.

"You stay away from my chubby cheeks, Louis Tomlinson," Harry warns, his smile so wide he can feel his dimples.

"But I love your chubby cheeks. They just demand to be pinched," Louis replies, his voice still sweet and pitched. He moves forward to pinch him and Harry grabs his wrists, pinning them to his side and smirking triumphantly at him.

"If we're going to be rough you should at least take me home first," Louis breathes, pulling out of his hold and wrapping his arms around his waist to pull him close. Harry can feel the warmth of his breath hitting his lips just before Louis kisses him. The kiss is fast and rough, his teeth nipping and his tongue demanding and Harry can't get enough. He wants to be at home where their bodies can push closer and their hands can roam farther. Louis pushes himself closer, his hands around Harry holding him like a vice. Harry needs to catch his breath so he pushes back just the smallest amount, his feeling getting tangled with each other and with Louis' and with a small cry he falls back and takes Louis with him.

Louis laughs loud, his body resting warm and heavy on top of Harry's. Harry closes his eyes in embarrassment, his heart still thudding and his lips still warm and ready to be kissed. He opens his eyes to see Louis looking down at him, his eyes the bluest Harry has ever seen and the snow still clinging to him. He leans down and kisses him again, slower and softer and sweet. Harry can feel his love pour into him from his mouth, making his body tingle with warmth.

"You're such a clumsy little shit," Louis laughs, kissing the side of his mouth and then his cheek, his jaw.

"You've read how many Shakespeare sonnets and that's what you choose to say to me?" Harry teases and Louis looks down at him again, his face hiding nothing.

"Let me not to the marriage of true minds. Admit impediments. Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove: O no; it is an ever-fixed mark, that looks on tempests, and is never shaken; It is the star to every wandering bark, whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken. Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks within his bending sickle's compass come; Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks, but bears it out even to the edge of doom. If this be error and upon me proved, I never writ, nor no man ever loved," Louis recites, his voice smooth and even, his eyes never leaving Harry's.

"You have that memorized?" Harry whispers and Louis smiles brightly.

"Oh yeah. Men love when you recite them love sonnets," Louis says, wiggling his brows.

"Can't argue that," Harry says, his back starting to get cold and his pants wet. Louis seems to understand and stands up, pulling Harry with him.

"How many other men have said that too?" Harry asks because he can't help himself. Louis seems to be pleased with the question and kisses his chapped lips quick.

"Just you," Louis beams and Harry laughs as they start to walk back on the path.

"Didn't have it memorized before?" He jokes and Louis bumps his hip lightly.

"Caught me," he chuckles, his hand gripping Harry's tighter. "But honestly it's about love in it's most ideal form and how love is constant and strong. You don't just recite that to just any silly man," Louis admits and again Harry wonders how he lasted four years without this and thought it was okay.

"Stop making me fall more in love with you," Harry tells him, only half joking.

"Never. I will make you fall deeply, crazily, sickeningly in love with me and you'll love me forever and ever," Louis says dramatically, thrusting their hands forward.

"And what about you? Do you do the same with me?" Harry asks.

"I'm already there. I'm just trying to get you to catch up."