06

Harry sighs as he sits at the kitchen table trying to decide what to cook for dinner that night. Ricky loves having a homemade dinner every night but Harry gets tired of that sometimes. He wishes he could take a break and order a pizza.

A knock on his front door startles him from his thoughts and he slowly gets up and walks over. He unlocks the door and pulls it open to reveal a smiling Louis. He wants to smile back but Ricky doesn't like him so neither can Harry.

"Hey, Harry, just wanted to see if you wanted to come over to our house. We're going to have a water fight," Louis grins. Harry can feel excitement bubble in him because he hasn't had a water fight in years but he sadly shakes his head.

"I can't. I'm busy," Harry mutters and Louis frowns and looks into the house.

"With what? C'mon, it'll be fun!" Louis grins and his voice carries the excitement Harry feels thinking about it.

"I can't," Harry tells him again and Louis just frowns and moves forward so Harry can't shut the door on him.

"Is this because of your boyfriend? Because if it is, fuck him," Louis says seriously and Harry looks down at his bare feet.

"He just knows you don't like him," Harry admits and Louis chuckles.

"Good. Doesn't mean you have to dislike me though," Louis points out.

"I promised I wouldn't talk to you. He doesn't want you bad talking him to me," Harry mumbles.

"Then I won't. Come over for a bit. We'll make sure you're home before the grump is. C'mon," Louis encourages. Harry looks up at him and he wants to go. He wants to go make friends and have fun and do something outside of this house and Ricky. He wants to just be free and honestly, he's tired of always keeping promises when Ricky doesn't give him the same courtesy.

"I really shouldn't," Harry sighs and Louis juts out his bottom lip and dramatically leans against the door frame.

"If you don't come I might die from sadness. I walked all the way across my yard to invite you and now you're rejecting me? The pain is so real," Louis whines, holding his heart. Harry giggles at the act and Louis cracks a small smile at the sound.

"I guess we can't have you dying..." Harry trails off. Louis grins and jumps up, grabbing his hand and pulling him on to his front step.

"No, we can't! Let's go!" Louis cheers. Harry pulls his arm away gently and laughs at the boy's enthusiasm. He likes being around the positivity.

"Let me get different clothes on... You can come in and sit on the couch to wait," Harry offers. Louis shrugs and shoves his hands in his pocket. They both re-enter his home and Louis looks around.

"It's very clean," Louis notes. Nothing is out of place or thrown around. Harry turns around to look at him and nods.

"Yeah, Ricky likes it clean. I can't stay too late either because I have to cook dinner," Harry explains. Louis frowns and gingerly sits on their recliner.

"So you're his maid?" Louis questions and Harry frowns.

"No. I just stay at home so I make sure after a long day he comes home to comfort. You're going to be nice remember?" Harry reminds him. Louis rolls his eyes and leans back further.

"Yup. I'll keep all my thoughts to myself," Louis promises. Harry just turns into his room after that and shuts the door. He finds a pair of swim trunks her can wear and throws on an old shirt. It's thin and from when he was 17. He feels young in it. He emerges again to see Louis still sitting in the chair, his phone in his hand. He looks up when Harry comes out and smiles at the boy.

"All done? Niall just told me they finished filling the balloons," Louis grins. Harry just nods and they both exit the house again. Harry follows behind Louis closely and the boy just chats about everything. When they arrive at his house the others sit around casually. Sophia is wearing a light pink bikini and Niall and Liam are shirtless. Louis whips off his shirt when they get to the group and Harry tries really hard not to look at his petite body. He takes off his own shirt slowly because he doesn't want to seem weird. He's always hated his body but he'd look weird if he was the only one with a shirt.

He looks up as he throws his shirt away and he makes eye contact with Louis. The boy is staring at him with a look Harry only used to see years ago from Ricky. He blushes and fidgets under his gaze but he doesn't hate it. It's nice to be looked at like you're something special.

"Teams or everyone for themselves?" Sophia's voice asks. Harry looks up at her and then bursts into laughter as a water balloon hit the side of her head and erupts.

"Solo mission! Sophia is dead!" Niall yells. Everyone moves all at once - even Harry - and grabs balloons and mini water guns. Water is flying all around and Harry uses his gun to spray Liam in the face which Liam retaliates with throwing a balloon that hits his flat stomach. Everyone is running and throwing balloons, water guns starting to lose their ammo. Harry is soaked as Sophia smashes a balloon over his head with an evil laugh.

"Say hello to my little friend," Louis' voice cuts them all off. They all turn and the boy is dripping wet, his hair sticking to his forehead. The hose is bent in his hand and in one swift motion he releases the kink and water shoots out everywhere. Liam yells at the spray hits him and Harry laughs as Niall hides behind him.

Harry moves forward and tries to grab the hose from Louis, smiling as the grapple. The water moves all over as they fight, spraying both of them in the face at some point. Harry tries to grab it again but his feet slip on the wet, muddy grass and he topples down taking Louis with him.

"Oops," Harry mutters, scrambling to get off the smaller boy. Louis has his head resting on the ground, laughter bubbling from his lips.

"Hi, Harry. Trying to kill me now?" He teases. Harry just looks down at his happy face and how the sun makes his blue eyes appear bright and young. He admires the sharpness of his cheekbones and his little button nose. Harry loves Ricky but he can still admire other boys right?

"Are you two okay?" Sophia asks. She jogs over and looks at the two boys still on the ground. Harry looks up at her, his fingers creeping forward to grab the hose slowly.

"Us? Yeah, we're fine. We're just getting ready to win!" He shouts, shooting the water up at her. She squeals as it hits her face and Louis cackles next to him. Sophia tackles Harry to the ground and he laughs as he drops the hose and her wet hair falls in his face. Louis quickly moves to shove her off and soon the other boys join in and it's a big wrestling match in the mud. Harry has mud and grass on his face and in his hair. He moves forward to jump on Louis' back but the boy shakes him off and turns to look down at him.

"Happy you came along?" Louis asks softly. His blue eyes never leave Harry's green and Harry can feel his breath coming in short pants from just looking at him.

"Yeah. It's nice to hang out with people my age," Harry admits. Louis smiles and stands to his feet, extending his hand to help Harry up.

"It's getting late. You should probably head home before your prison guard arrives," Louis tells him. Harry pouts and looks down. He doesn't want to go home and have to cook. "We can talk tomorrow? I'll come over when he leaves," Louis grins. Harry can feel the excitement of being sneaky taking over and he nods his head, his messy curls falling over his face.

"Okay. See you tomorrow then," Harry grins. Louis nods, his eyes moving down to glance at Harry's lips before they move back up to his eyes.

"Tomorrow," he agrees.