~5~ Royal Pain

~My pov~  
Lost in the castle somewhere, aimlessly walking the halls because I got lost.

"Oh god I'm such an idiot." This is true on two parts.

1) Not recognizing my surroundings, and 2) falling in love with the one boy that has always been there for me.

"Ma'am?" A smooth manly voice called for me from behind and I instantly turn around to face him.

Damn it! I was so caught up in thought I didn't even notice him behind me!

"Oh sorry, I've been lost in thought and don't know how to get back to the ball." I told him embarrassed at myself.

I've been aimlessly walking for over an hour already, seeing that it was an hour past sundown the ball already started.

"Well, would you like to accompany me then?" He asked as he gave me his arm like a gentleman.

"If it means that you'll show me to the ball room and just that, then of course." I told him as he nodded his head in understanding.

"My name is Prince Erik, may I know yours?" He told me as I quickly recognized the name, the name of the man I'm to protect today.

"Well it is a masquerade ball where you're supposed to keep it secret. So, no." I laughed at him slightly and he laughed with me.

"Of course." If you want me to describe him well he has a nice, short haircut that suited his black hair and sea blue eyes.

The uniform he was wearing was something you'd pull straight out of a Disney movie, the classical prince outfit.

We walked, we talked, and we laughed. He reminded me of a mixture of me and Laxus. Smart but idiotic, fun but serious, calm but impulsive, stuff like that.

"It would seem that we're here." He told me as we stepped into the ball room.

"Thank you for leading me here." I chuckled at him as I smirked and disappeared into the crowd, knowing exactly where I'd find Laxus.

"Excuse me." I hear someone ask me from behind, so I quickly turn around and notice another princely figure standing in front of me.

"May I have this dance?" He asked politely with a bow as he extended his hand.

"Back off, this one's mine." Someone very familiar tells the bowing man as the familiar voice grabs my hand and spins me around.

"I was wondering where you were." I laughed out to my best friend who just grunted, smirking at the polite man's, shocked filled and mostly embarrassed, face.

I couldn't help but laugh harder as he stomped away.

"Thanks for saving me, Laxie~" I sang out to Laxus as we started dancing along with everyone else around the room.

"Our ward's the super princely one that's dressed up as something out of a child's movie. Full out royal white." I tell Laxus as he spins me so that he could scan the room for him, and when he did he grunted.

"The idiot with a claymore." He stated more than asked and I nodded.

"I have a plan, seeing as we couldn't come up with one earlier." He kept surveying the room as I explained my plan to him.

"5 minutes till midnight." I state and we both went our separate ways to put the plan into action.

Laxus ascended the stairs onto the second floor where people were mingling and I cut through the crowd once again, but this time back to the prince.

Erik was surrounded by other males that I would presume to be his friends, all of them were dressed sharply; military uniforms, princely outfits, and the such.