~6~ Reactions

~In the Guild Hall A Year Later~  
Laxus and I are still as close as ever, but ever since that night at the ball a year ago...

Well, love was just not something that we would talk about around each other, or even act that way around each other.

Apparently neither one of us wanted to ruin what we had already as friends.

"How was the mission, Kyron?" Gramps asked as I chugged a barrel of beer, yeah we've still been going on S-Class missions, but nothing as fun or dramatic as the one as the ball.

"It was fun. I'm thinking about hunting a dark guild though." I took a slight pause to answer him before I started chugging again.

"A dark guild?! Cool, can I come with you?!" Natsu asked as he slid to a stop next to me.

"Don't you and Lisanna have an egg to find?" I chuckle at him as he remembers and starts to run off again.

I'm pretty sure that's Lisanna crying over her missing egg as Mirajane's being blamed by Erza for being an egg-eating monster.

"I'm-I'm sorry." Geeky Elfman told his little sister about what he did with the egg.

"It's just that it looked a little cold so I took it and kept it warm with my body heat since I can't do a full body take over." He admitted with the scratch of his head.

"You-you did?" Lisanna asked him surprised.

"Thank you big brother, Elfman!" She hugged him happily as the egg started to crack and Natsu started freaking out.

Instead of a dragon like Natsu was hoping, out came a blue kitten with wings that keep going "Aye!"

It was so frikin adorable!

It was able to make everybody laugh and smirk, even Laxus, who entered the room not too long ago.

Reedus drew a picture of us all in that moment, the moment where everybody was laughing together with the new member that Natsu named, Happy, because of all the joy he's bringing us.

"Kyron." Laxus called out to me as he walked over.

"Here." He head his right hand hanging off his pants pocket and his left arm straight out, hand clutched on something faced downwards, waiting to drop whatever it was into my hands.

I cupped my hands together and waited for the drop, and I nearly dropped it when I saw what it was.

It was a ring box, and inside was something I've been waiting to get.

A gear ring, not an engagement ring or a marriage band or anything like that. It was an expensive ring made out of gold and onyx that had gears in the middle that turned when you turned the band (picture to the side).

You always see someone turning their rings, but nothing happens compared to when you get a gear ring because it actually turns.

"Laxus." I looked at it surprised, then at him.

"I can't take this." I attempted to hand the box at him.

"Yes, you can." He shoved the box back at me.

"Laxus, this ring is super expensive. I can't take it just because you tell me to." I shove the ring back at him.

"Awww, look at the two, they're having a lover's quarrel." Macao whispered to someone not so silently so that we would hear.

"Stay out of this, Macao!" Laxus and I yell unison without meaning to, when we notice what we're done, well we look at each other and look away blushing slightly.