(three)

riley:

my eyes widened in surprise as they come in contact with a very interesting sight. a boy, looking to be the same age as chandler, stood leaned up against the doorframe while sending me a devious smirk. his appearance was much like chandlers, only much more black consisted of his outfit. he wore black skinny jeans with a dark t-shirt, accompanied by a black, unzipped hoodie hanging loosely over his shoulders. he contained dirty blonde hair that looked 'casually messed up', and is a bit more muscle than chandler.

"and who would you be?" he finally spoke, scanning me up and down as the situation became overly uncomfortable.

"um.. riley." i answered in a quiet tone. im normally not shy, but the expression plastered on this boy's face sent unpleasant shivers down my spine.

"and wh--" he started to speak again, but was cut off by a familiar voice.

"leave her alone, matthew." chandler pushed past him, coming back into his room.

"okay, but just one question; why is she here?" the one who is called matthew asks, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"she just... needed a place to stay until the storm clears up, so she's staying here." chandler answered, rummaging through his drawers while he spoke.

"so, is she coming with us?" matthew asks with a new level of curiosity.

"hell no..." he spat. "just wait for me downstairs." matthew did as told as chandler continued to concentrate on his search for the unknown object.

now i am officially beyond confused.

"listen, i need to go somewhere, but you're okay to stay here until it stops raining. there's a guest room down the hall incase you need." he informs me, and i watch a wave of relief wash over him as he pulls something out of his drawer and shoves it in his pocket before i can catch a glimpse.

"what about your parents?" i ask.

"just my dad." he corrects me, and i suddenly feel a ping of guilt run through me for assuming things. "and he won't even notice. trust me, it's fine."

before i can thank him, he's out the door to catch up with matthew. i watch their car leave the driveway, and im washed over with an uneasy feeling, wondering to myself why i even agreed to be here in the first place.

something about chandler seems very off, even more so with his friend. i shake my head to rid the memory of the vibes i was receiving from the both of them. i can't help but feel stupid for associating myself with strangers in the first place, and my mind battles with itself to make a decision.

you can't leave. it's like a hurricane outside. you'd be a complete idiot to go out there at this point.

but you don't know chandler. and the feeling he's giving off isn't a nice one. even his room is creeping you out.

i make my decision, leaving a quick note for chandler so he doesn't get worried, though i don't know why he would.

decided to go. sorry for being a bother, but thanks for the help.