(twelve)

riley

i'm enjoying the lovely activity of sleep, probably dreaming of dancing sugarplums or something along those lines when i'm so rudely awoken. first, i feel a slight nudge at my shoulder, but i shrug it off and roll over with a groan. then there is a constant poking against my back, but i merely pull the covers back over my head to continue sleeping.

"riley..." someone whispers, nudging my shoulder again.

"mm, go away." i mumble, still not conscious enough to know what comes out of my mouth.

"riley, wake up." they coo again, this time shaking my shoulders a little more aggressively.

"no.." right after i answer, there's a tugging at my feet and, without warning, i'm peeled from the comfort of my silky sheets and rolled violently onto the ground. a moan escaped my lips as i rub my aching back and finally open my eyes. i'm sprawled out on the soft carpeted floor while none other than chandler riggs is leaning over me with a smirk.

"what the hell.." i whine, taking his hand to help me stand up, only to give him a killing death glare as soon as we are eye level. let's just get this straight, i love my sleep. anyone who disturbs that is going on my hit list.

"good morning sunshine." he gawks, and i scowl at him. i don't say a word before launching myself back onto the bed and nestling my head in between the fluffy white pillows.

"nope. that's not happening." he states, climbing onto the bed and beginning to tickle to death. my face turns a bright red from lack of air as i'm forced into unwanted laughter. i'm flailing my arms at him and rolling around in all directions in attempt to make it stop. finally, after that moment of torture, the tickling comes to a halt. this time, my face is not red from lack of oxygen, but because of how close he is, leaning over me so i can feel his minty breath against my skin while i manage to catch my breath.

"are you awake now?" he asks simply, getting off of me and standing at the edge of my bed as he waits for an answer.

"what do you want so early in the morning?"

"well, sunshine, i happen to need your help with something. and it's actually nine o clock." he says, and i groan loudly.

"why can't you make any of your other friends do it."

my heart starts to burn unpleasantly at the word. friends. is that what we are? i mean, we kissed, and he admitted his feelings for me, so why can't i just do the same? but if i told him, then what would happen? would we start dating because i don't necessarily want to be in a relationship at the moment.

i believe chandler noticed my use of words too, because his face has slummed down and he seems to be thinking deeply as he stares to the side.

"because i don't want to. i'm getting the vibe that you are a very creative and artistic person, no?"

"i guess so, why?" i ask, knitting my eyebrows together.

"because i'm being forced to repaint the town's fireman hall today, and if you are there, it would be just a little less brutally boring." he explains.

being the nice and perfectly kind and generous person that i am, i agree to his plead. i change into black leggings and one of emily's over sized hoodies, run a quick brush through my hair, and slip on a pair of converse. i trot down the steps, coming to a stop to watch chandler raid emily's kitchen for food. he rummages through her fridge before grabbing two bananas and walking out to his car.

at first i thought maybe he was being nice and got us each a banana, but no. he scarfed down both bananas in about a millisecond, throwing the peels behind him, causing me to scoff. we walk over to the driveway, just so his shiny black motorcycle can come clear into view, and i immediately dig my heels into the gravel. my eyes widen as i stare right at his amused expression.