(seven)

chandler:

{9:44 am}

I am woken up by the faint, constant beeping coming from my left, and something along the lines of a light snore coming from my right. i gather the strength to stretch my eyes open, letting my vision clear before taking in my surroundings.

after realizing i am in a hospital room, all the memories from last night came flooding back to me. at least i think it was last night; i don't really know how long i was unconscious.

I rip the iv cord out from my arm, knowing i don't need it anymore, and look down at myself. my leg is in a cast, and my shoulder and ribs are in unexplainable pain only moments after i woke up.

my eyes scan the room, coming to a halt at the sleeping beauty only a few feet away from me. she sleeps so delicately, as if a single touch could shatter her completely, just like glass.

i bring my arm up to rub my eyes, blinking rapidly to make sure i'm seeing things correctly. is riley johnston asleep in the chair next to me? why did she even stay?

"riley.." I whisper softly, hoping to catch her attention without summoning any nurses.

no response.

"rileyyyyy." I say with a bit more volume to my voice, stretching out the end of her name like little kid.

she shifts in the chair, mumbles a few words that i cannot comprehend, and continues to sleep peacefully. i laugh silently to myself at her actions before taking a third attempt at waking her.

"riley!" i shout in the quietest tone possible.

"hmm." her head snaps up and she immediately lets a soft yawn escape her lips. "i'm up..."

she stretches her arms out, rubs her eyes, and yawns one more time before focusing her attention on me. her eyes widen and the sleepiness that was once plastered across her face had completely faded away.

"oh, my god! you're up.." she beams, both ends of her lips curving up into a genuine smile. i can't help but allow myself to do the same.

"yeah... and i'm starving." i state bluntly, making her laugh a little.

"well, I'll go grab the nurse and she can dismiss you. then we'll hit up waffle house or something." she says, and i can't help but admire how lovely she looks having just woke up. her hair is a bit messy with waves tangled up in each strand, and there are dark circles underneath her eyes from lack of good sleep last night, but she still manages to look absolutely lovely.

what the actual hell, chandler? you've known the girl for what?- four days and you're already obsessing? you are a pathetic excuse for a guy.

I shake my head, ridding my thoughts from getting to me. not today. i've got more important things to focus on. i decide not to wait for riley's permission and begin to unhook myself from all these annoying wires. i pull the covers off me, reaching for the crutches placed a few feet away from the bed. i stretch my arm as far as possible, the tip of my finger just barely brushes against the metal.

who the fuck put these so far away from my bed? what if i had to pee?

i push my body a little farther off the bed, wrapping my fingers around the bar of the crutch and smiling in victory. only to be proven wrong by loosing all my balance, allowing my entire body to tumble off the edge of the bedside like a freaking gymnast. in the midst of falling, i somehow manage to take the crutches with me, making their metal edges bounce off my head as i hit the floor.