0 ▹ Before

A teenage boy took careful steps down the hallway of the hospital. He was an unusual sight for others, as people were running around aimlessly to try and figure out why the power was acting up, the teenager didn't seem alarmed. The only concerning fact about the boy, were his eyes. They were glossy and dark and full of amusement.

The teenager slowed down his steps at the sight of the elevator opening. The lights flickered for a long moment and in the elevator stood an older Japanese women. The women frowned at the sight of the boy, she was worried this would happen. The boy raised his eyebrows and took a step towards the older women.

The woman held strong eye contact with the teenager, "you know me?" He nodded ever so slightly, his eyes flashing with dark humor, "then you know I will not be deterred by your choice of host. Even if it is in a innocent boy."

He didn't seemed fazed by any of the woman's threats. He narrowed his eyes and cocked his head to her. Slowly, the boy spoke aloud, "are you threatening us?" The lights flickering sharply over his head, making his face brighten.

A soft swoosh filled the boys ears, and on both sides of the woman stood two total black figures. There presence didn't frighten the older women. Her frown turned into a small smirk as she watched her enemy.

Unfortunately for her, the teenager again wasn't fazed by her threat. He only gazed at both cloaked men with masks. His mouth parted ways as he moved his head sideways to the other side. He was unimpressed with her action.

"Now, I'm threatening you." She was well aware of what stood beside her and that this were her move to his game, to stop the young boy.

People scattered behind the boy, but neither the women of himself paid any attention to them. Their hatred on each other.

In a tsk, the teen spoke, "we're not really afraid of your little fireflies." His head shook in disappointment, he wanted more action then this. The women had not changed her story since he had last seen her. He believes she may have gotten weaker though.

He started backing away from her, knowing she wouldn't try anything yet. He kept his light brown eyes on her dark ones, before turning around away from her. The lights flicked off above his head for a long second before flicking back on at her raised voice.

"If the Oni can't stop you," he didn't turn around, but he did slow his pace to listen, "I know someone who will."

His hands balled into tight fists, he could feel his nails digging into his palm, and he stopped completely. He knew who the woman was talking about. Flashes of a fourteen year old girl with long brunette hair and brown eyes filled his mind.

He turned his head towards the women who threatened him. She knew she had affected him with that. He narrowed his eyes in hatred to her before returning to his previous position and walking down the dark hallway away from her and her Oni.

He wanted to retort something back to her, but couldn't. He couldn't keep the memories of the little girl from his mind.

Taryn.

---

not greatly edited

Destiny xx