13 ▹ Nogitsune Taryn

Mister Yukimura paced around his living room. He had learned about Taryn's condition and as Stiles Stilinski sat in front of him, he knew his condition was worsening. With that horrible thought in mind, he sat down and turned to his wife.

"He's not safe here."

Stiles Stilinski ignored the two, staring down at the ground as he sipped his chamomile tea. The thought of Allison being dead was hurting him. He didn't want to blame himself, but he did. What's happening to Taryn, is his fault. What happened to Allison, is his fault. The fact that two evil creatures are now walking about, is his fault.

Noshiko shook her head, "he's not safe anywhere."

Kira, who was still pacing like her father was moments before, decided to question her mother and father on the thing she hoped everyone was thinking about. "But Allison killed one of them," her voice was soft as she worried she'd hurt Stiles by speaking about his deceased friend, "doesn't that mean something? She killed an Oni."

"Is that even possible?" Mister Yukimura asked, looking at his wife.

She glanced back at him, "I'm not sure how."

"But she did it." Noshiko's daughter answered, "she killed one of them."

Stiles sighed, "yeah, and then they killed her."

Everyone grew silent at the boys words. "Allison's dead. Now I guess the only good thing is it looks like I'm dying too."

Noshiko got up from her seat and positioned herself on the arm of the couch nearest to Stiles. She could see the brokenness in his dead eyes. She knew how he was feeling; she has lost plenty of friends in her day and she also knows how it feels to lose someone you care about.

"He made a powerful move by splitting the two of you." Kira listened to her mother as she moved her black piece on the game of Go board. "He made an even more dangerous move splitting himself up and controlling Taryn as well as your other half."

"So what's our move?" She watched her mother set her piece on the board.

Mister Yukimura spoke instead of his wife, "at this point, you need a divine move."

Stiles pinched his eyebrows together, questioning the man what a divine move was. Noshiko, however, answered.

"In the game of Go, it's what we call a truly inspired, or out-of-the-box move. The Nogitsune had had sente, the advantage, until this point. What you need is a divine move in order to turn the game around."

"Mom, you said you trapped it in a glass jar, right?"

"It wasn't the jar that trapped it." Noshiko spoke to her daughter, "it was where Taryn and I buried it."

"The Nemeton." Stiles thought for a second, he and his sacrifice is what caused the Nogitsune to come out of the Nemeton. They let him free. He knew no one in the room knew much about the magical tree, so he nodded to Kira and Noshiko in acknowledgment. "Deaton knows about the Nemeton."

◇◆◇

Taryn's footsteps were in perfect sync with Stiles. Neither one dared to mess up the rhythm they shared as they calmly walked into the hospital. No one paid attention to how the girls body was growing sickly pale, no one noticed her under eyes grow dark, and no one noticed how dead her eyes really were. More so, death they brought marching into the building..

Taryn halted in front of a desk, causing Stiles' body to pause and move to her side. Both teens put their attention on the male nurse who was typing away at the keyboard. He was too centered on what was on the computer to notice the Nogitsune and the Oni.

While Taryn pulled her lips into a grin, Stiles remained stiff and collected.

She cleared her throat, hoping to catch the males attention. "Hi there."

The sound of moaning, echoed behind her, meaning the Oni had had been called and were standing behind the two obediently.

The man had looked up and instantly froze in shock of seeing the two Oni. Stiles nodded to the man. "Could you page Melissa McCall for me, please?"

The man didn't make any move to call Nurse McCall as his body remained in his original spot staring at the dark figures. Exactly on command, the Oni right beside Taryn shoved his sword through the desk and into the mans abdomen. The lights began flickering as a result of the dark power surrounding the teens and Oni, and Stiles glanced up to them with a sigh. Taryn sighed as well at the sight of the weak human falling to the ground in a puddle of his own pooling blood.

"Well, I guess I'll just find her myself." Taryn spoke with a darkened frown. Her head moved to look at Stiles with a small--almost unnoticeable--nod. With that, both teens started strolling in towards the hall. The Oni quickly passed the two in command and started going after the residents of Beacon Hills Hospital.

The two Oni stormed through the Hospital, slashing and stabbing anyone who crossed their paths; meanwhile, Stiles and Taryn both walked slowly behind, taking in all the chaos, strife, and pain he was creating. It was a joy for the Nogitsune to witness the sight and they both smiled as they paused at the beginning of the hall and watched the show go down.

Taryn breathed out heavily when she felt the pull of her Oni when they arrived at the Sheriff's station. She had called the last of the Oni that remained to go to the police station and attack anything that moves. She was hopping to find everyone in the place dead when she visited later, especially Stiles' dad--the Sheriff.

"Found her." Taryn noted to no one in particular and watched with a side smirk when the elevator doors open and Raphael McCall pushed his ex-wife from the cloaked figures as they started slashing at the FBI agent and the nurse. Luckily for the two humans the doors shut and Mister McCall looked to his ex and noticed the gash on her leg and how it was emitting black smoke.

◇◆◇

"Something's happening." Lydia spoke aloud, almost toppling over from the rush of dread pulsing through her veins. "I had this sudden rushing feeling that we're running out of time."

Stiles walked in with Kira holding him up like he was dead weight, "yeah, I kind of got that feeling, too."

Scott rushed over to his best friend and helped set him on a chair. When he made sure he was secure, Scott turned back to his boss. Before Lydia interrupted them, herself, Scott and Deaton were attempting to come up with a plan on how to save Taryn and destroy the Nogitsune.

"So how would I stop the Nogitsune. I know in the scroll it said to change the host, but which host? Do I bite both?"

Deaton bit his lip, he knew something they didn't. He had a small talk over the phone with Noshiko before Scott and Lydia came over. She gave him some useful information on Taryn and the Nogitsune.

"I don't think so." Everyone turned to Deaton, while Stiles continued taking deep breaths to control his breathing and watched his best friends boss with anticipation.

"The other half of Stiles was the beginning of all this, right?" No one said anything, so he continued without a breath, "I believe if you just bite Stiles' body, then that temporary host should become useless--according to the scroll--and so I think in that moment of weakness Taryn should be able to push the Nogitsune out of her own body. So as long as you keep the other half of the Nogitsune from entering her body. Use the triskele box to hold them both."

"If it doesn't work," Deaton spoke slowly, examining each of the teens faces, "she could die."

---

edited, but could be better

Destiny xx