6 ▹ Noshiko

The trio burst through the doors of Beacon Hills High School with Kira Yukimura leading the way, holding the sword along with the medication that Noshiko had requested in both her hands. Taryn was lagging behind the two, due to an overwhelming feeling that was being sent through her bones. She knew right away the Nogitsune had been here, something about the atmosphere and the loss of breath when she entered, caused her to just know.

"Did you bring it?" Taryn heard the familiar voice of Noshiko Yukimura from her spot in the hall. Taryn told herself she was ready to come face-to-face with the older kitsune, but now hearing her voice and knowing she was right around the corner was making her hesitate. After all, the last time either had seen one another was when Noshiko dropped her off at Eichen House, telling Taryn she could never leave.

Finally, with one final big breath, Taryn made her entrance.

The man who was known as Kira's father and Noshiko's husband was leaning on the ground and coughing up black blood, but after a few moments of Taryn nearing behind Scott and Kira, he finally managed to cough up a small fly on a tissue.

"Are you okay?" Noshiko asked her husband, keeping a hand on his back as he leaned up against his desk.

He didn't reply to her question and instead his eyes found a certain brunette peering over the shoulders of Scott. He was shocked to say the least, to see Taryn out of Eichen, he had heard all the stories of Taryn and the Nogitsune from Noshiko after she came back that year.

Noshiko noticed her husbands off behavior and how his eyes seemed to be glued on something to her left. Setting her hand back to her side, the oldest Yukimura turned around and her eyes widened.

As did Taryn's eyes. Just with one look, she was quick to notice the odd things about the women. Nothing about her physically changed. Nothing from her appearance to her mature status. Instead she seemed to be more stiff and unsure about things. 

The brunette girl awkwardly cleared her throat from the silence and all the stares she was receiving from everyone.

"Stiles did this?" Noshiko scrunched her nose up at Taryn's question. She knew at the moment, Stiles and Taryn had interacted while he was at Eichen and he was the sole reason Taryn was out of the nut house and was now with Scott and Kira. She knew Taryn wanted to help.

"He wanted the last kaiken." She held up a small black knife that Taryn was familiar with. "I've kept this near me since your friend disappeared."

"Mom," Kira stopped her mom from speaking anymore about Stiles in such a harsh tone, "you need to talk to us, about everything."

Noshiko nodded, her eyes flickering form Taryn, to her daughter fox, and the werewolf. Scott cautiously pulled out the picture that Taryn had found at Eichen House with the dead Nogitsune. Something about the image made Noshiko grow even more harsh; she snatched it from his hands and stared at it, "where did you get this?"

"Is it Grandma?"

Noshiko sighed at her daughter, "no, it's me."

Taryn was overly surprised by the news. She knew the fragile picture belonged to Noshiko, though she didn't know the young women from the forties was Noshiko. And as Taryn analyzed Scott and Kira's facial features, she knew the two knew nothing as well.

Scott took a step towards the women, leaving Taryn to lean against the table Mr. Yukimura was previously leaning against, "if that's you, you'd have to be like ninety-years-old?"

Noshiko stared at the teenagers, "closer to nine hundred."

Kira's eyes were wide from learning her mother was centuries and even generations years old. "Okay, sure, why not?" She took her eyes off her mother and faced her father, "dad how old are you?"