9 ▹ Living Nightmare

While Melissa McCall was patching up Stiles' wound—just because the Nogitsune was healing, didn't mean Stiles couldn't get infected. She wasn't doing anything too extravagant, just wrapping it with a medical wrap after she had lightly put on some antibiotics. While the mother was mothering Stiles—while the Nogitsune was paralyzed—Scott had pulled away Taryn for her help.

Deaton had took notice of the Nogitsune's stare on her and he refused to let her alone with him without Scott or himself to watch over. But while he knew Taryn could handle herself, he and Scott knew that could change any moment with her weakness around. So for the time being Taryn was standing around Scott, Deaton, and Lydia as they conversed about ways to save Stiles.

"How much longer do you think we have?" Scott questioned his boss. He was talking about the kanima venom.

"I wish I knew. But if we don't figure out something soon, we're going to need to find a better place to keep him." Deaton answered aloud, keeping equal eye contact on all three teenagers. ". I think we're grossly underestimating the danger here. He might be paralyzed, but it still feels like he's got us right in the palm of our hand."

The brunette female, beside Deaton, moved her eyes from the group and over to where Stiles was keeping his dark eyes locked on them. Once his gaze met hers, she quickly shot her attention back to the pack. His dark looks sent chills down her spine.

"I don't think you're far off on that." Taryn agreed with the veterinarian. "He has something up his sleeve. I know it."

Lydia Martin raised an eyebrow to that. She was unaware of who exactly this girl was—she only knew the basics from Scott. Yet as the strawberry blonde watched the previous dark spirit, she couldn't stop the feeling of death radiate off her.

After a few moments of questioning Taryn on what Stiles could be planning—which the girl had no idea what-so-ever on what the dark void could be cooking up—they went on to another subject. About getting the Nogitsune out of Stilinski.

"The scroll said to change his body." Lydia commented.

Deaton sighed, "That's if I translated it correctly. We're looking for a cure in something that might actually be nothing more than a proverb or a metaphor."

Taryn clenched her fist. She wasn't going to let the Alpha or his friends do something to Stiles that she knew he wouldn't want. She knew if the boy wanted to be a werewolf, he would ask. She wasn't going to let the teens change Stiles without his consent.

"No." She suddenly voiced out quite loudly. "Think about it, what if Stiles doesn't want to be a werewolf? I mean, has he ever asked for such a thing?"

Scott shook his head as Lydia argued with the slightly younger girl. "What if it saves his life?"

"That's not how we're going to do this!" She nearly yelled back.

Deaton, in a much calmer manner, spoke to the girl. "It could kill him."

"I've never done this before." Scott panicked. "I mean, what if I bite him and accidentally hit an artery or something?"

"That venom is not going to last long." Deaton once again warned the teenagers. "Something needs to be done sooner than later."

Taryn narrowed her eyes and leaned on the kitchen table. "Something that doesn't involve changing who he is."

Scott took a short glance at the female, before picking her phone up again. "I can try calling Derek again."

Lydia had another idea, "maybe we should call someone else."

◇◆◇

"I know I haven't called in a while. But, um, he's back and it's like it's all starting over for me again. I'm afraid I'm going to kill again, like I killed you and mom and dad—and I don't want to do that again. I don't want anyone else to get hurt, but right now this boy, Stiles he's suffering and I just want to take away his pain.