15 ▹ Back to Normal

Taryn's eyes fluttered open and she found Scott, Kira, and Lydia surrounding her and glancing from Stiles to Taryn. Both teens woke up at the same moment, Stiles a second before, and they were finally able to breath again.

"Oh god, I fainted, didn't I?" Was the first thing that came out from Stiles' mouth. Everyone chuckled at him and Isaac walked up to them with a small smile.

Taryn rubbed her forehead, noticing that someone bundled a jacket under her head, "what happened? Are we all alive?"

Stiles faltered for a moment, thinking about Allison Argent. He didn't know that Taryn remembered Allison's death but he didn't want her to ever remember doing that. He smiled faintly at the girl who was apart of his pack finally. "Yeah, we're all okay."

Finally after years of living in fear, Taryn felt safe. She didn't feel the pull of the Nogitsune weighing her down. She didn't have to worry about him anymore. He was stuck in that wooden box and she somehow knew it'd keep him trapped. She knew she was safe as long as she was around Scott and his pack.

They actually looked after one another.

Taryn and Stiles sat up, with the help of Scott and Kira, and the two teens who had more in common then they ever thought they would smiled to one another. They were safe. Stiles was safe. Taryn was safe. They grabbed each other and held one another in a long hug, ignoring the stares from everyone else.

For once in Taryn's messed up life, she felt like someone actually cared for her. And she didn't want to let that go anytime soon.

◇◆◇

Everything was finished. Taryn Brooks was currently living at the McCall's. She was staying in Isaac's old room since the werewolf left with Chris Argent to move to France to get some space from Allison's silhouette. Melissa and Scott both agreed they wanted to give the girl the best of her teenage years she could get. Melissa just had to get approval from the state to keep Taryn with her.

Taryn called Malia Tate a few weeks after everything settled in Beacon Hills. She had promised to call her and that's exactly what she did.  She told the werecoyote that Scott was ready to teach her how to shift back into a full coyote. And at that point when she called, Malia decided she wanted to stay human and fight along side Taryn and her friends and help protect Beacon Hills.

That's how Taryn found herself in Scott's room with Scott standing in front of Malia, while Stiles and herself sat on the edge of Scott's bed. Since the events that triggered something in both teens, they got a chance to speak about one another. Stiles explained to her that he knew about everything that happened three years ago and even if Taryn was saddened that the boy had to live with those memories of hers, she was fine with that. She was fine with that because she trusted Stiles to keep these memories between the two.

Scott threw his hand down, showing Malia how to pull her claws out. The werecoyote did the same as Scott but nothing happened.

Taryn could see the frustration settling in her. She spoke softly to her new friend, "it's okay."

Scott nodded, "don't think about it too much. Just try to let it happen."

Malia took a deep breath, looking up at Stiles and Taryn before closing her eyes. She flicked her wrist one last time and Taryn saw the claws pointed from them. She opened her eyes and jumped up a little, she flung her hand around wildly to show Stiles and Taryn, who both fell down on the bed to attempt and not get clawed at.

"Oh, I am so sorry." She laughed from the excitement of having claws of her own. She was one step closer to being a full werecoyote and that excited her and Taryn both. Stiles helped the girl sit up and they all laughed at Malia's excitement.

Taryn knew she had made friends; friends who would help protect her and fight with her. And even if she felt safe at the moment, she knew in a place like Bacon Hills where supernatural crawls, everything goes bad again eventually. So she'd be back and fighting for someone's life once again. She just wanted to have friends to fight alongside with.

---

edited, but y'know

This was my first story I ever completely finished, wow. I want to thank everyone who stuck around during my unsteady updates. Thank you guys so much, I appreciate every single one of you and hope you enjoy the Epilogue and Taryn's sequel as much as you loved this one! Thank you :)

Destiny xx