11 ▹ Something Is Wrong

Melissa froze in shock as the girl who was once standing next to her fell body first onto her homes rough carpet. No one, not even Peter Hale-who was a damn werewolf for gods sake-could catch the girl before she went limp on flooring. And as a registered nurse, the first thing Melissa wanted to do was make sure the female hadn't busted her head or had any signs of loss of breath; no matter, the former Alpha had stopped the female as he feared any disturbance would set the teenage girl in a horrible zone.

Deaton had remained quite during most of the problem as he narrowed his eyes on the collapsed girl and the problem at hand-Stiles Stilinski. The doctor would be lying if he said that he didn't believe the Nogitsune would do anything risky with the girl deeply involved. Somehow, through all this, he knew the Nogitsune wasn't done with the girl. After all, Deaton was right about Taryn having a connection with the dark spirit. Now whether this risky move would happen in Stiles' mind was unknown to the older male.

As the seconds became minutes, all three adults could only watch the four teenagers for any signs of distress. And it wasn't long before Melissa, Deaton, and Peter noticed a trail of black blood running down Lydia's nose-only for Taryn to have the same problem as the dark liquid leaked from her slightly ajar mouth.

While Melissa moved her attention from Lydia to Taryn, the female heard a loud shout from Peter as he held Lydia's cheeks and screamed into the redheads face. She was surprised to see the bleeding stop halfway down both girls faces.

Melissa wanted to thank the male she nearly went on a date with, back in her sons first year of being a werewolf. But even with her urge to praise the man, she didn't because she knew Peter Hale was no man to just save lives. She knew this Hale didn't go out and save others unless he wanted something in return. Mrs. McCall didn't get a chance to really ponder all this before all three teens (Scott, Lydia, and Taryn) gasped and doubled forward to catch their breaths.

"Did it work? Did it work?" Taryn exclaimed as she struggled to get back to her feet. No adult moved as Taryn stumbled forward and fell by Stiles' knees and into the couches armrest.

Lydia, who was holding her fingers on her puncture wound, looked around wide-eyed in confusion as she realized Stiles was still slumped in the seat next to her. She got up and took a few steps back. "What happened? Why didn't it work?"

Scott was still in his spot behind Stiles as he contemplated on who he should help-Taryn, who was next to Stiles' knees, almost in tears; or Lydia, who was being dragged away from the scene at hand by Peter Hale. However, as Scott started to move towards Taryn, he heard Peter question the strawberry-blonde about a name and Scott's protective and questioning pack leader came into play. He moved towards the two as he questioned them-but Peter gave the True Alpha a nasty look before taking Lydia father from the room.

"Stiles?" Taryn started to sob, noticing the lack of breathing in the young boy. Her normal pale and sickly face was flushed in a bright red as she started blubbering nonsense to the limp boy. "Stiles...please..."

As those two last words left the brunettes mouth, the said boy suddenly jerked forward with her eyes wide open in complete fear. In quick reflexes, Scott McCall rushed from his spot to Taryn and pulled her away from the boy.

Everyone's who's attention wasn't on Stiles, was now on him as he jerked around before falling off the couch and onto his knees and hands. Melissa-and even Taryn, who had thought to have seen everything the Nogitsune could pull-scrunched up their nose in concern while Stiles Stilinski vomited up the entire Nogitsune's bandages.

The boys eyes were watering up as he roughly pulled all the bandages from his throat and as soon as the end came and crumbled to the pile on the ground a black smoke began evaporating from the mess.