10▹ The Game of Go

She hated it.

She hated both this plan and the fact that she agreed with it full heartedly. Especially when the plan came from a man who was known for his psychotic episodes. Taryn didn't say or do anything, but she noticed the former Alpha taking quick glances in her direction.

So maybe that was why the chill continually went down her spine. Or maybe it was the thought of Scott going into "pale and sickly" Stiles' mind—because this was no longer just Stiles' mind, it was shared with an unstoppable killing beast that would love to feed of the Alphas fear. Either way, Taryn's nerves were skyrocketed.

The plan was, once Scott was in Stiles' mind, he would work to find Stiles and bring him back from the depths of his own subconscious. This plan was all thanks to Peter Hale.

"But he won't be doing it alone."

Everyone in the room turned from Scott to Peter as he glanced over to Lydia Martin—who had remained quiet since Peter had arrived. As Lydia's eyes grew, Taryn could tell the strawberry-blonde was uncomfortable with going into Stiles' mind. In a quick rush, Taryn cut herself in and volunteered herself.

However, Deaton disagreed. "That's probably not a good idea. No matter how much you hate to admit it, you have a connection to the Nogitsune. Going into Stiles' mind—where the Nogitsune can do whatever he wants—could potentially create more problems than we already have."

As the veterinarian finished his sentence, Taryn sighed. She agreed with the man, and she especially did when Stiles' eyes met hers. The light shade of brown of Stiles' irises was now covered by a dark glint. She could tell that the Nogitsune had a plan brewing in his eyes, but Taryn couldn't read what it was.

The brunette clenched her jaw and adverted her eyes from the creature. She hated herself for not knowing where the Nogitsune was going. She just wanted—for once—to be ahead of the Japanese creature.

As Lydia sat herself next to Stiles, she made sure to keep a distance between them. Peter led Scott behind the two and helped the young boy set Scott's claws on the teenager's necks. Taryn stood ahead of Melissa and Deaton as she got a front row stand in front of the couch to watch the plan pan out.

"You're going to have to guide him out somehow." Peter stated as he went to set Scott's claws down on Lydia's neck. "Try to give him back control of his mind, his body."

"Could you elaborate on this somehow?" Lydia asked, breathing becoming quicker, "it's not feeling very specific at the moment."

Peter backed away from Scott, who was ready to penetrate his two friend's necks. Peter shrugged. "Improvise."

Scott set his brown eyes on Taryn's own, "what if this is just another trick?"

"When are you people going to start trusting me."

Taryn narrowed her eyes on Peter, who grinned. Taryn frowned and snapped at the man, "he means him." Taryn nodded to Stiles, who was staring ahead, getting prepared for what was about to happen.

"Scott," Deaton says to the boy who he had turned out to be like a son to him, "we're running out of time."

Scott McCall nodded and took a deep breath, closing his eyes and going over the plan once more in his head. When he opened his eyes, they were a bright red and his breathing quickened and deepened. He took one last breath before sticking his claws into his friend's necks, leaving the world they knew and going into another place entirely.

A sudden sharp pain punctured the back of Taryn's neck. She shot her hand back there before crying out at the sudden pain. The former dark spirit fell to her knees as her vision began to darken. Taryn Brooks was connected to the Nogitsune and she was entering Stiles' mind against her will.