Chapter 7: Part I

I am so so sorry for not posting anything!! 

This hasn't been edited, but it's better than nothing.

I promise to post the next chapter ASAP!

Please comment!

........................................................................................................................

You arrive at the village late at night, they fix up gray with a combination of magic and medicine, but he's still hurt. You're going to catch a train back to Magnolia in the morning.

"But, what about the vulcan?" Gray protests. Surprisingly, the two of you haven't fought since you kissed.

"You're injured and you can't use magic, if I have to protect you, I won't be able to fight or even protect myself," you tell him, getting slightly irritated by how stubborn he is.

"Who said you have to protect me?" You can tell Gray's getting mad, too.

"What don't you understand?! You're hurt! And I'm not gonna let you put yourself in danger!" You shout at him. He's shocked at the biting tone in your voice, so are you. You hold each other's gaze, waiting for the other to back down. Finally, Gray's head drops.

"Fine, we'll head back tomorrow," his voice is barely audible. You begin to walk out, before you turn around.

"Hey, ice head,"

He laughs quietly, " what do you want, hot breath?"

"Get some rest, okay?"

"Sure thing, flame brain." You smile slightly

"You couldn't use something more original?"

"Oh yeah, fireball?" He takes a step closer to you, barely leaving any space between you.

"Droopy eyes," he wraps his arms around you, sending chills down your back.

"Whatever, you fiery mouth breather," he whispers against your lips before kissing you. His lips are cool and soft, and he kisses so gently. It seems like hours pass before you break apart, but it's only been a few seconds.

"Goodnight, (f/n)," he tells you before you walk out. You can't help but smile.

"See you in the morning."

Gray is still asleep when you go to check on him in the morning. He looks so cute when he sleeps, he seems so peaceful, well everyone does when they're asleep, but it's still really cute. You decide to let him sleep some more while you go find some breakfast with Happy in the village.

"Do i have to keep it a secret from natsu?" Happy whines.

"Yes! Of course! If Natsu finds out, he'd probably stop talking to me, and I just got back!"

"Don't you think he'd be more mad if you kept it a secret from him?" He points out. He does have a point, you think.

"I'll tell him eventually," you say, but you really have no clue what will happen if you do."I just...I don't think he's ready yet," you say unconvincingly.

"Well you better tell him before he finds out himself! Then he'll freak out!" You sigh knowing that happy is right. "Then again natsu's not very smart,"

"Very true," you notice a familiar scent, but you can't place it. You try to follow it, but the other smells from the market are too strong. Frustrated, you turn back to a fish vendor behind you, Happy is starving so why not? You stop by a fruit stand, the smells are amazing! You pick out all your favorite fruits, you can't wait to eat them!