Chapter 29: Part IV

Haha, 3 years later was supposed to just be the timeframe for the story, not my actual writing! But sometimes life happens and you abandon wattpad for years at a time. Honestly, I haven't watched fairy tail at all in the last few years, but I really want to finish this. Part 4 is going to be very short, but hopefully my writing has improved so there's that.

Also, 300K views!! You guys rock! I come back and suddenly my story is #1 in the grayfullbuster tag, that's amazing! Thank you so much for your support!! Anyways, here's the long awaited chapter 29, hope y'all enjoy!

Note: All of Part IV takes place 3 years after the rest of Fire & Ice

.................................

Gray had left the house before you (said he had something to take care of), so you were walking to the guildhall alone that morning. You had been living together for almost three years now, which had been absolutely incredible. once you arrived at the guildhall, you found Lucy sitting at the bar looking miserable next to Chad, who looked slightly annoyed. Somehow, He had become the guy everyone goes to with their problems, much to his own dismay. You guessed this was one of those instances.

"What's wrong with her?" You asked, taking the seat on Lucy's left side.

"Trouble in paradise," Chad explains simply. Confused, you glanced at Lucy.

She sighed. "Natsu's going to propose to me, isn't he?" She asked, though she didn't sound very excited about it. So that's what trouble in paradise means. She groaned upon seeing your expression. "I knew it," she whimpered.

"What's wrong with that? Is something going on?" You asked, confused.

"She's worried," Chad answered flatly.

"What! Why?" You ask in shock

"I just don't know if I'm ready to marry him," She explains.  "He can be so immature sometimes, what if we're not meant to be?"

"Please, you guys are literally the perfect couple. Even Bisca and Alzack look up to you guys." You tell her. Knowing that she has the seal of approval from the number one couple seemed to calm her down.

"I'm just nervous, that's all." You nod, marriage is a big commitment.

Your conversation was cut short when the guild doors slammed open to reveal a very upset rain woman. Most people knew from experience that Juvia's moods could be as destructive as a hurricane - literally. So upon seeing the blue haired mage storm into the guild, you and Lucy jumped behind the bar counter to hide. But poor Chad, not knowing any better, was left in his seat to wonder where everyone had gone. The sound of fists slamming on the counter told you Juvia had taken the seat next to Chad.

"What's wrong, Juvia?" He asked, obviously not realizing that those three words would set off a huge bomb in the middle of the guildhall. I hold my breath in anticipation of the incoming flood, but it didn't come.

Instead, Juvia calmly explained why she was upset and Chad actually tried to cheer her up! Juvia didn't flood the guild. And Chad actually listened to her rant. Is this some kind of alternate dimension?

"What just happened?" Lucy asked once she had left. Neither of you knew how to describe what you had just witnessed.

"How did you do that?" You questioned. Only Gajeel had ever been able to calm her down, and even then, it never work that quickly. Chad just shrugged. Unbelievable, you're too shocked to say anything.

"You listen to her, but you don't care about my engagement?!" Lucy whined.

"Um, Lucy," you hint with a knowing smirk. It takes her a minute, but she finally gets it.