Chapter 28: Part III

I'm sad to say that this book is coming to an end. I think I might create another book with fluffy short stories that take place after this one or maybe in between some of the chapters. Or I might just stop here, depending on how busy I get or what you all say. Once Again thank you so much for your support. Comment and vote!!

..........................................................

You woke up to sunlight streaming through your windows. Finally, clear skies. It had been raining all week, meaning that nobody wanted to take on any jobs. Which wasn't good because your rent was way past due. You hadn't even shown up at the guild the day before, instead you spent the day at Gray's house. Come to think of it, you were at his house a lot. It's been a month since you got back together, and so far you haven't fought, save for the usual bickering.

"Hey, (f/n)," Gray greeted you when you entered the guild. He was sitting at a table with Chad and Lucy.

"Morning, Gray," you said, sliding into the booth beside Gray. He planted a good morning kiss on the top of your head and you returned the favor by giving him a peck on the cheek.

"I didn't see you leave last night," He said questioningly.

"Here we go again," Lucy and Chad groaned.

"You were already asleep when I left," you explained nonchalantly.

"Why didn't you just spend the night?" He asked. Lucy snorted.

"That's not being too forward," she whispered to Chad. The two laughed, but you ignored them.

"You know I don't like you going home by yourself at night," Gray continued.

"And you know I'm fully capable of taking care of myself," you protested.

"So, I'd love to hear this argument for the third time this week," Lucy cut in, "But I need to pay rent soon, so one of you go to pick a job."

"Same here," you agreed. "Gray, it's your turn." Reluctantly, he left for the request board.

"You two should just move in together," Lucy said once he was gone. You blushed bright red at this. "You spend more time at his house than you do at yours," she insisted.

"Well what about you and Natsu?" you teased, "Doesn't he sleep at your place almost everyday?"

"Yeah, and he eats all my food," she complained.

"You're in luck," Gray said when he finally came back with a request. "It's simple, but enough for both of you to pay your rent."

"A job?" Natsu asked when he arrived. "Nice, I was running low on food money."

Lucy said her eyes. "I noticed, you ate all my cereal."

"Sure you don't wanna join the team, Chad?" you offered.

"Hard pass."

"You could at least pretend to think about it," You grumbled.

"You can't blame him," Lucy shrugged, "Who'd want join 'Fairy Tail's most destructive team' with two pyromaniacs, an exhibitionist, and a monster?"

"I thought we were Fairy Tail's strongest team," Natsu said.

"Only Mira and Erza still believe that," Lucy sighed.

Once Erza came, you left. The job was rebuilding a bridge, and you managed to get through it without destroying anything. You finished pretty quickly and made it back home in the late afternoon.

There wasn't much to do at the guild, so you decided to go home, though it was weird not going to Gray's first. You smiled as you entered your neighborhood. German style cottages and apartments lined the stone pathway. But it was even more beautiful when the setting sun stained everything gold and orange that would later fade into pink.