Chapter 27: Part III

I'm so happy, and kinda sad, but this is going to be one of the last chapters. I know i know, its sad, but yay!!! But I'm not done just yet. The next chapter will be released by monday. Happy reading, don't forget to comment and vote!!

..................................................

You ran. Ran as fast as your legs could carry you until your lungs burned. You didn't know exactly where you were running to, just that you had to get away from the guild.

You felt so stupid. When you first returned to fairy tail, you had just escaped Zaro and you were hoping to leave your past behind. You were reunited with your family and things were changing between you and Gray, it seemed as though you had gotten a fresh start. You should've known it was impossible to outrun your past.

You looked up to find yourself in a forest. Wherever you were, you were alone. You stopped running and collapsed onto the dirt in exhaustion. Only then did you realize the tears streaming down your red cheeks.

You felt pathetic. You put all your friends in danger and managed to push away the only guy you've ever loved. And all you could do was run away...again. You've done nothing but cause trouble. They'd be better off without you.

Suddenly flames rose up around you, but they weren't under your control. You tried to stop it, but the fire only grew. You couldn't even eat the fire because it was your own. It engulfed the trees, spreading dangerously fast until it was all you could see. Your lungs, already weak from running, burned from the smoke.

You panicked and tried to run, but that only made things worse. A wave of dizziness made you fall back to your knees. You gasped for air, but only inhaled more smoke and started choking. Dragon slayers typically had inhumanly strong lungs, but you feared this was pushing it. The edges of your vision went dark and everything looked blurry.

A sudden blast of cold air battled the heat of the fire and cooled your skin. Cold air clashed with flames and you heard somebody shouting. You knew that voice.

"Gray?" You managed to call out.

"(F/n)! (F/n), where are you?"

"I'm here!" You called. Just that used so much of your air and you got dizzy. You couldn't see anything. Ice cold arms wrapped around your burning skin. Gray.

"...'s my fault," you coughed. It took immense effort to talk, and you could only manage a whisper, "I c-can't...control it."

"I know you can't," Gray said. "I can't control it either. But this isn't your fault, it's mine. I was such an idiot. I never should've broken up with you. I love you, (f/n), and I'm going to get you out of here." Gray promised. He was carrying you. You weren't supposed to touch.

Uncontrollable flames still roared around you and ice covered the ground and trees. But the intensity of the fire was decreasing and the ice was melting. Fire and Ice...they were canceling each other out. That's it! It was a long shot, but it just might work.

Gray ran to one edge of the fire, but a wave of heat stopped him. "There's too much fire. (F/n), I c-"

You grabbed his neck and pressed your mouth against his. Magic energy poured out of you and filled the space. The was a blinding light before everything went black.

_.-*-._.-*-._.-*-._

"She's been asleep for days."

"You're both badly hurt."

"Is she going to be okay?"

"I think she's waking up!"

You slowly opened your eyes to see Natsu, Lucy, Happy, Erza, Mira, and the master peering over you. Chad-whatever-his-name-is was standing against the wall behind them. You were in the infirmary with Gray already awake in the bed beside you.