Awaken

Finally, after three weeks in a coma, Antonio had woken up. And every day he was in there, was another day Gabby was at his side. Every single day, she'd go into his room, talk to him for an hour or two, and then leave for the day.
"Gabby, I'm so glad you were the first one to see when I opened my eyes." Antonio whispered, "Shh. Don't tell my wife."
Gabby laughed and then hugged him tightly. "I love you, and I'm so glad you opened your eyes."
"Me too." He responded.
"Now, how bout' revenge?"
"Really, what you gonna do, get stuck in an elevator and almost be burned, oops." He smiled, "You've already done that, haven't you?"
"HaHa, you think you're so funny. But it wouldn't be a great life if you weren't here to make lame jokes."
"So, did you quit your job? You've been here every day, as the doctors have told me."
"No, I stop here after we drop off a patient, or on my break, so...I better get going, gotta to attend that job!"

"Gabby, I wanna get married." Matt stated, as he walked up to her in the locker room.
"Matt, I've avoided---not avoided, denied this for a while. I've never told anyone, but I don't believe in marriage." She replied.
"Haha, so do you wanna?"
"Matt, I'm serious, I don't believe in it. Yeah, I know it is a binding of two people, but... If two people love each other so much, why do they need a priest to say that they are, "Officially". It's not right."
"So, you're saying that Severide and Sylvie getting married wouldn't be right, or as a matter of fact, us?"
"I'm not saying that, but I don't think that we need to get married to vow our love to each other."
"So what you're saying is, basically that if we love each other, we don't need to say it to each other."
"NO! Matt, I... You know what, let's just get married."
"You know what, clearly you don't love me so..." He slapped his jacket down on the bench and walked out.
"Matt, wait! Let's get married, I do love, I wanna ma-" She was cut off.
"No, you don't. You don't wanna marry me. Yeah, you love me, but if you really did, you'd sacrificing that one belief for me, for us."
"Matt, I'm trying." She grabbed his arm. "I Love You. Only you. I wanna marry you." Matt opened his mouth ready to speak, "No, let me finish. I want to love you for the rest of my life, and I want us to be called Mr. and Mrs. Matthew Casey."
"I love you too." They kissed and made up.

Wedding Day: Seven Weeks Later

"Now, would you like to exchange vows?" The preist asked.

"Yes, I'll go first." Matt stated. "Gabby, I promise to love you always. I promise to always be honest, and I vow to make you happy, even in times of sadness. And I vow to always be there when you are sick, and when you are hurt, I vow to make you love me even more every day, and I vow to love you way more everyday. I vow to always keep these vows, no matter how hard, or easy they are. And the vow to love you way more everyday is gonna be so difficult, because, I think my love for you is already at 100....thousand percent. Gabriela "Casey" I vow to respect you, and I will respect your beliefs. I'm just glad you respect my too. I love you more than I did when we first met. And when we first met, I admit, I didn't think you were the one, I don't think anyone has soulmates. But, I knew, that one day, I'd love you, and you'd love me."
Tears were welling in her eyes, "Matt, I...God, where do I start, first of all, I didn't write a vow." Everyone gasped, except for Matt, "I didn't write one because you shouldn't have to read something off of a paper if you really loved someone, but some people have to. But anyway, I'm speaking from the heart. Matt, I didn't believe in soulmates either, until I met you, and I still don't believe that you have only one soulmate, but I do believe that if you didn't have a soulmate, that you'd have a best friend, or a mom or dad that would love you no matter what. Even if you're evil, even if you did something terrible, that someone would try to see through that. Now, I am not saying you can go murder someone, but I am saying that if you were to ever cheat on me..."

"Gabby, I would never..."

"I know, let me finish." She smiled, and wiped the tear off her face. "If you were, I'd see through it, I'd give you a second, and third chance. Because sometimes it's worth it. And I'd want us to love our family just as much, well almost as much as we love each other, and by that, I mean..." She grabbed an envelope from her maid of honor and handed it to him. "Don't open it yet. I'd want us to love our children way more than we love each other, because marriage isn't what really binds a couple, but it is when you have your first child. And you second. Open it." As he opened it, she told him she was pregnant.

"Gabby, this is...amazing!" He kissed her.

"Well, You may do what your doing!" The preist spoke happily, and their audience clapped really loudly for them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mommy, how come I wasn't there?"

"You were Lilly, you just don't remember."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two years Later... (To Be Continued)