8. goodnight

There he was, he stood right in front of me. We were both playing nervous with our fingers. He gave me a quick look and then he looked back to the ground.

"Ehm", he nervously pointed at my waist, "again sorry for ehm..."

"It's okay, I'm alright", I said hoping he would feel better if he knew I was not going to die because of him.

He looked me into the eyes again and I saw the relief in his eyes.

And then he leaned in and said goodnight right before his soft lips touched my cheek.

This ending of the day was definitely not a disappointment! I was not on earth anymore, I was in heaven.

He walked back to the other boys and Piero said he hoped to see us again but he didn't really know when that would be. And Jonas was coming back to Belgium with us so they were probably not going to see him as well.

But then I saw Jonas lean in and whisper something to Piero, who looked happily surprised afterwards. I wondered what he had said. "I'll find out later", I thought.

"Oh wait, Piero said, groupselfieeee!" He took his phone and everyone came closer to each other to fit in the picture. I looked at the little screen and saw that Gianluca was standing next to me. "Perfect", I thought. "I can use that picture!"

After looking back and waving to the boys, we all went our own way. Now I only could think of Gianluca, and his soft lips. Not to forget his beautiful eyes. Oh and his perfect hair!
But a part of me was thinking about Gianluca ignoring me. What was wrong with me? I was never the popular one so maybe it was all my own fault. Or perhaps he felt the same way and he was actually very shy. No, that's impossible. No one ever has been in love with me so why would the wonderful Gianluca Ginoble do?

We arrived at the hotel and Jonas and Carlotta went to the house. When I lay in bed, I couldn't sleep. Of course not, it was an evening and night I'll never forget. I was overthinking everything again and then I listened to some music, that always helps to fall asleep. But this time my choice of listening to Il Volo wouldn't help me fall asleep very fast. I listened to 'ancora' and when the last words came, I remembered Gianluca looking into my eyes at the concert. The first time he looked into my eyes! It was like a little movie in my head and I played it over and over again until I finally fell in a deep sleep.