16. 60 billion too much

I woke up and saw Gianluca lie half in, half out bed. One leg and one arm hanging over the edge of it. This was the first moment in my entire life, I really wanted to open my eyes after sleeping this good.
I wanted to check whether Gianluca was still there and if this was all real and not a very nice dream. It was real!

Gianluca grumbled when I tried to move his other arm away from me, because I really needed to go to the bathroom. But then he realized he was not alone in his room this time. He immediately lifted his head and opened his eyes to look at me. But he was so tired, his head already fell back on his pillow after one second.

I came back to bed and saw Gianluca was already more awake then a minute ago. "Where have you been so long?" he moaned.

I pointed to the door of the bathroom. "I've just been there one little minute!"

"No, it was not one 'little' minute!" he said. "It were 60 billion nanoseconds! Way too much!" I was amazed he already could use his brains so early in the morning, I would have thought about that for ages.

"So, that were ... how many nanoseconds too much exactly?" I asked.

"Definitely 60 billion!"

"I really would love not leaving you", I said, "but now, for example, I have to go back in there and take a shower!" I pointed towards the door I just had passed. Gianluca moaned again, obviously not happy I was going to leave again for a while, probably billions of nanoseconds.

We both were ready at 7.30 am. We took our very first breakfast together. And also together with the entire 'Il Volo family'. Apparently they had a lot to do today. Tonight was their last concert in Rome. But Gianluca didn't had to do anything until I really left Italy. So we had half a day left. Just one little half, not even the longest half. By thinking that, I had problems with holding back my tears.

When we were back in his room, I finally let them out. Gianluca didn't even had to ask about the cause of my tears. He embraced me and whispered sweet things into my ear.  But I could hear the sadness in his voice too and soon we both cried. Gianluca obviously not that happy with the fact he couldn't comfort me anymore because now he needed comfort himself. So we both tried to say a lot of wise words to stop the other from crying. But we didn't believe them. There was just nothing we could do to solve our future problem,...distance!

"I'll think about you more than I think about music!" he said, his eyes red from crying. That was a big promise, because everybody knew music was his life.

"I'll think about you every nanosecond of my days!" I cried.

Suddenly, there was a loud knock on the door. Gianluca wiped his tears out of his eyes and tried to hold back the rest of them for a moment.

"Piero?"

"Gianluca, I need to talk to you for a second!"

"I don't want to! I need to be with Aline!" He pointed at me. "Can't you see!"

"But, it's about your pr..., ehm, the thing for ehm... Well, you know what I'm saying!" he said quietly as if he and Gianluca had a little secret, something I wasn't allowed to hear.

"Oh," Gianluca said surprised while he turned his head in my direction. "I just need a little minute to talk to Piero about something," he said. I was very curious. I hoped it was something I would know too, very soon, because I could be very curious sometimes.

Gianluca's POV

"What's up?"

"He wants to see you for the finishing touch." Piero said hasty, because he knew every second was now as important for me as breathing. "He knows it's a very important piece for you, so that's why he really needs to see YOU and only you to pick it up!"