7. Ricky "dies"

I feel so emotional that it's making me feel physically ill. I don't want to lose my best friend... My heart is absolutely shredded into pieces so much so that my chest literally aches and I feel nauseous. I'm starting to feel panicky and my breath is coming in shakily, I draw a trembling hand to my chest and the teacher calls on me to see if I'm okay by coming towards my desk while the rest of the class is busy on an exercise.

"Ricky? Are you okay?" I shake my head in reply as tears start dripping down my face onto my work book and Julia comes and kneels down next to my desk.

"I think you need to go to the sick room Ricky..."

"No... I... I'm fine..."

"Julia could you please pack Ricky's stuff up?" She closes my books as my breathing gets even heavier.

Julia helps me to a bed in the sick bay and pulls little curtains around it.

"It's okay Ricky," she whispers and brushes back my hair which has started to stick to my forehead with sweat but I slowly begin to calm down outside of the cramped classroom.

"I've lost him Julia... My best friend..."

"No you haven't Ricky... He just needs some time."

"Bucket."

"What?"

"I need a bucket," she rushes to get me one and brings it just in time for me to throw up.

"Sorry," I whisper.

"Looks like you're not just heartsick," she says and takes the bucket away before the nurse comes with some medication and soon I'm about to doze off when Freddie appears and flings open the curtain in a rush.

"Ricky..." He rushes over to me and I smile weakly, "you're so pale."

"And tired," I whisper and scoff out a laugh before throwing up again in the bucket.

"Oh Ricky..." He frowns and feels my head before getting up and grabbing his phone.

"Get some rest Ricky."

"But Fred..."

"He'll be back."

"I feel like I'm dying Julia."

"You'll be fine," she brushes my hair back once again as I slowly close my eyes and go to sleep.

I wake up on the couch in my house with a little start and look around the room to find Freddie sitting on the couch nearest to me. He has a book in his hand but doesn't seem to really be reading it because as I sit up he turns to look at me and grins before yelling, "HE'S UP!"

My mom comes through with some medication and a glass of cold orange juice, "I think you had a bit of gastro love. I'm going to spend the week at home before I meet up with your dad in New York for the merger meetings. How are you feeling?"

"A bit better," I say and swallow the pills.

"Okay love, I have a bit of work to do but I'll come and check on you later okay? Freddie will watch over you for now alright?"

"Yeah thanks mom," I smile thinly and look at Freddie with bewilderment as my mom walks back up the stairs.

"Seeing you so ill... It reminded me of when you got so sick when you were a kid and ended up in hospital and I just can't stand to see you ill and I realised... I don't want to lose my best friend... Even if I'm a bit hurt but I also know it's not your fault and I care about you too but... I just need to get my head straight before I can decide if I still want to be more than friends..."

"Oh okay," I look down at my hands and ring my fingers together.

He gets up and sits where my legs were before I sat up. He pulls a little bit of the woollen blanket over his legs.

"You're house always smells like vanilla," he laughs.

"My mom has those random sticks in every room."

"It makes you smell like vanilla... As well as whatever deodorant or cologne you wear that makes you have that earthy, forest after it rains smell."

"Is that a good thing?"

"Yeah... You always end up smelling like very strong white hot chocolate with lots of sugar and maybe a bit of cocoa on the top in front of a fire in a log cabin."

"Really?" This has me laughing so hard that my torso physically hurts and I have to try and stop before I throw up again.

"What about me?"

"What do you mean?"

"What do I smell like?"

"Musk and mint and strawberry, especially today, as weird as that sounds except it's actually really nice."

"Wow..."

"Sorry, I know that's odd."

"No it's kind of cool."

"Oh... Awesome."

"Come on now... No more tense conversations let's crack out the PlayStation and have some fun while you're stuck at home."

"I was sort of saving my games for the August holidays in a two weeks' time but for you anything."

"Aw and that's why we're best friends!"

He walks over to the wires and sets everything up as well as getting a whole pile of my new games and walking over to me before piling them all up right by me so that we can each veto one until there's one left.

"Cell Damage! Perfect!" We both exclaim before inserting the game and excitedly shifting in our seats to face the television screen as the opening music begins to play.

A/N
So... Once upon a time there was a squirrel named Sir Fluffs Alot who lived in a tree. He used to be so sad and lonely until one day a beautiful opalescent bubble floated into his home. The bubble said that it's name was Sparkle and asked if he could stay in the squirrel's house for a while because he was in grave danger...

Thanks for reading so far *le gasp* please remember to vote and comment and THROW FEEDBACK AT ME AS IF YOU WERE A FEEDBACK/CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM MONSTER!!!!