9. Ricky shares a treehouse

I go straight to my backyard and into the old treehouse that has been there for ages when I wake up the next morning. I haven't used it since Freddie used to bring his little sister Sylvia over before she left for an overseas boarding school a few years ago. I just need a little time alone to think, I have a party to sort out and a lot of catch up work to do but over and above that... I miss Freddie and I'm conflicted about our relationship. I mean I'm happy that we're friends again but I'm also disappointed at the awkwardness between us. I sigh and run my hands over the wooden floors before I hear a knocking on the floor latch.

"You know you should be resting," Freddie's head pops up as he opens the latch.

"Hey..."

"Ricky..."

"What?"

"What's wrong?"

"Why would you assume that something's wrong?"

"The treehouse? You only ever come here when you're really upset and I want to know why."

"I... I just don't like how awkward it is between us now and... When we kissed I... Maybe you didn't feel the same way but... I've never been kissed like that before it was amazing... It felt so right and perfect and we just fit so perfectly."

"You really don't remember do you? Wow you must have been drunk as hell."

"What? What don't I remember?"

"That night... The last party you had... You were missing and Julia said that you walked out of the back door and you looked really upset so I figured you must have come up here..."

"I did?" I hold my head and vaguely remember walking out of the house in a huff with tears down my face... I think I had seen Freddie with... "Lucy."

"What?"

"You were kissing Lucy, that's why I left I was upset."

"Just let me finish..."

"Why should I?!" I yell anger staining my cheeks a deep pink, "After all you put me through about Garth and the whole time... You damned lying bloody hypocrite!" Tears have started pricking at the corners on my eyes, I want to run but he's sitting on the door out.

"I'm sorry okay?! I just assumed you remembered what happened after that and still kissed Garth anyway!"

"What are you talking about?!" He runs his hands through his hair and then around the back of his neck as I yell this.

"We kissed okay?! And not just a little kiss... You told me you were gay and that you had a crush on me and I... I'd liked you for a little while too and I was just starting to admit it to myself that night which is why I kissed Lucy... She was pretty and I just wanted to see if it felt... Right... It didn't. And then I came up here to find you and... The moonlight was shining on you and you looked unearthly like a heavenly deity. And you confessed everything with anxiety and fear and... Love. That's what really got me, the adoration in your tone... 

When you were finished I told you about everything, my feelings and Lucy and you told me about how you only kissed all those girls at the parties because you felt like something was missing until you figured it out while playing drunk gay chicken with some guy and you ended up kissing. How you thought you knew for sure but after that... And how that was two years ago and since then all you could think of was me... And it turned into less and less of a just friends way and more into a longing that was tearing you apart.

You looked at me and your eyes filled with tears and I leaned forward and kissed you... It was amazing and electric and I felt so safe, secure and right. Oh and you know butterflies and happiness and... Yeah a little desire. Which turned the kiss more and more heated until I was lying on top of you and my hands were under your shirt but you just rested yours on top of mine because you know I don't like taking my shirt off and then... Well Julia was calling for us so we left the treehouse and the next morning... I was just too scared to tell you because of the whole Bridget thing and you didn't remember any of it..."

"Freddie... I don't know what to say," the memories start flooding back to me, "Oh my word... It really did... And we really did... I'm so sorry Freddie about the Garth thing... I'm so sorry."

"That's okay... I see now that you didn't really remember and I should have just told you. I have another admission though..."

"What is it?"

"I didn't want to meet Garth to see what you saw in him... I kind of wanted to beat him up..."

"Frederick Caster!"

"I know I know, but he kissed my Ricky. My Richard Flannery," he looks at me and blushes.
"That's okay, because that means I'm yours," I search his eyes and see only a glint of hope in them, "if that's okay of course?"

"Yes! Yes it's okay!" He grips the front of my shirt with one hand and the back of me where my shoulders are with the other before bringing us within a hair's breadth of each other.

"May I kiss you?" He asks looking at my lips.

"Yes. Yes you may you idiot," I say smiling and move the few centimeters forward, connecting our lips and letting sparks that feel like static ignite all over my skin.

A/N

I'm soooo sorry it's been forever since I've updated but here you go X/ Oh dear I need help. I'm in the middle of preliminary exams and my finals start in a week but I've pre-written a whole lot of chapters so I'm going to put those up as an apology. Again so so so sorry loves! But I hope you're enjoying and THAT PLOT TWIST THOUGH >.<