13. Ricky and the Arcade

I run into the building with bright lights and noises coming from every nook and cranny in the large room crammed full of arcade machines and even a bowling alley ticked away into the corner.

"FREDDIE HOLD UP!" I run straight into him, "Ouch. Why does this keep happening?"

"Freddie?" I walk around him and look up at him, swatting at his button up shirt.

"Wha... Oh sorry. Blinded by the beauty of arcade games," he stares around him in wonder, almost but not quite the same astounded look he gets when he stares at me.

"Freddie you said you wanted to get a tattoo?" I repeat as I grasp his arm and head towards the change machine to get coins for the games.

"I... Well yeah. I've always wanted one... Or a few," he says hesitantly.

"That's actually pretty cool, what do you want to get?"

"Actually I've always kind of wanted an arrow on my forearm to show me that there's always a way to carry on even if it means just going forward or following a path if I don't know where it leads, even if it's scary and dark and life seems hopeless or depressing. That and arrows are cool," he nods his head in a thoughtful way and collects some of the coins from the pile.

"That sounds cool and I mean sure they're permanent but they're also sort of like an exterior expression of you. They're art in a permanent human body form," I smile at him again and reach up to kiss him.

"Can you maybe come with me?" He asks carefully as he plays with the button on his shirt sleeve.

"Of course I'll come with you!" I smile up at him and pull his lips roughly down to mine and kissing him.

"Now?"

"Freddie... Maybe we should stay here and have fun first and then maybe research tattoo places and then find an artist and look over a portfolio."

"Since when are you the rational one?" I laugh at his question and fake punch him on the shoulder as he feigns agony.

"Oh really?"

"Yes, so painful. Now let's go whack-a-mole! Or step on some spiders or play mini basketball or..."

"Whoa whoa okay let's go," my chest feels warm at his contagious joy as I let him drag me over to a machine with buttons on the floor and helps me stand up on it with him.

"SPIDERS!" He yells and I laugh at his childishness as the buttons light up when we have to step on them and they make little squishing sounds and the screen shows little badly animated spiders trying to attack us.

The game makes lots of little beeping sounds and then a little song comes on to tell us we've won, "VICTORY!"

"You. Are. So. Freaking. Adorable," I pronounce and touch my fingertip to his nose lightly.

"Arcade games make my happy!"

"I can tell!" I hug him as the tickets roll out.

"Now I'm going to win you a teddy!"

"Whoa Freddie wait up!" I yell as he skips across the space to the crane machines.

"Do you want a tiger or a puppy?" He asks and I shake my head, it's kind of cute when he acts like this; all hyper and excited.

"Hm tiger," I look through the glass box, "don't stress if you can't get it though."

"FOR NARNIA!" He looks confused for a second, "I MEAN FOR RICKY!"

"Oh goodness," I chuckle as he chucks some quarters into the machine.

"Ah huh... Mmm hmm," he sticks his tongue out as he concentrates.

"Whoop there it is!" He yells and holds out a little plush tiger to me.

"Aww thanks Freddie," I grin as he taps his cheek asking for a kiss and I oblige him.

"When we get home do you want to dye my hair for me?" I continue.

"Sure! Sounds fun!"

"Yep fun!"

"Fun."

"Fun."

"Maybe fun will be our always," Freddie says and I practically giggle at him.

"Did you just..." Freddie says

"Nope nah uh. Never ever never," I shake my head vigorously.

"That's a lot of negatives for someone who just giggled," he ruffles my hair and I try to swat his hands away.

"That took me at least half an hour this morning you jerk!" I try to fix my hair.

"That's mean don't yell at me," he pouts and ruffles the tiger plushie's head.

"I wasn't yelling and sorry," I grin up at him, admiring his eyes through my eyelashes.

"Stop it."

"Stop what?"

"Being so bloody adorable!" He says with a note of a British accent.

"NEVER!" I lean up and steal a chaste kiss.

He touches his lips in surprise and then grins. He leans over me and just before our lips touch he moves down to my neck and takes the sensitive skin into his mouth finding a spot that makes me moan out loud in pleasure. I clamp my mouth shut with my hand as some younger kids start to stare and some of the older ones wolf whistle.

"Um maybe we should keep the PDA down until we get home," I huff, a little out of breath and he just smirks down at me and goes back down to my neck a little harder this time, leaving a large hickey in his wake.

"There," he smirks again and leans away leaving my body to buzz in a turned on pleasure.

"There what?"

"Now everyone can see that you're mine."

"I'm not an object Freddie," I sigh.

"I know that's why you can give me one to when we get home."

"Why not now?" I ask and find myself pouting a little.

"Because I think we may be getting kicked out soon."

"But we haven't got our prises yet!"

"Some other time boo," he kisses my nose and I cross my arms and stay where I am as a man from behind one of the prise tills walks towards us.

"Babe? Rick? Honey?" I don't respond and he lets out a little sigh between sweeping me over his shoulder and carrying me to the car while I yell a little in protest. I mean I wouldn't want to protest too much or he might make me walk.

"Let's get hair dye on the weigh home!" I pat his back and he laughs.

"Sure little one!"

"I'M NOT LITTLE!" I yell as he shoves me in the passenger side and drives my car back home while I mumble about my height.