12. Freddie embraces his inner child

"No, no, NO! Not again!" Ricky screams after running to the window.

"What is it?" Julia asks as Harry and I give him confused sleepy glares.

"She's baaaaaack!" He tries to open the window and climb through and I jump up and hook my arm around his waist, pulling him back through.

"Ricky there is a door, literally a few feet away," I hold him to me to restrain him as I peek through the window and see a brunette rush of hair running away and hopping the fence.

"Bridget," he practically hisses and throws his limbs around to try and escape.

"Oh..." I turn him around me and he jumps on my back, "We'll handle this okay?"

"Ugh... It's okay I can pay for the car scratch I just don't like being staaaaalllked!"

"She's been stalking you?" Julia leans round us.

"Maaaybe..."

"Ricky! Why didn't you tell me?" I drop him lightly and turn to face him.

"I don't... I didn't want you to worry besides she's harmless," I look out the window again as he looks down in shame.

"What else has she been doing?"

"She's sent me a couple of threatening messages," He shrugs.

"Ricky? Babe? Look at me please," I call him and put my hand lightly under his chin.

"Sorry Freddie," he pouts.

"It's alright I'm just worried, can I see the messages?" I ask opening my hand for his phone and he places it delicately on my palm.

They're nothing to serious; no death threats or anything too violent. Mostly just stuff about how he's a jerk or pictures of him at school or out... Freaky.

"I think we need to do something about this," I whisper as I scroll through the pictures.

"I know," he looks a little scared so I give him a quick hug while Harry grabs the phone to look at the messages and pictures.

"There's enough here for a restraining order..." We pull back to look at Harry who is still scrolling through the images.

"A... Restraining order?"

"Yeah, my aunt works in the police force... She could take the case for you," Harry suggests, gingerly handing the phone back.

"I don't know if I want to go that far I mean... It's not like she's threatening me or anything."

"But she has been stalking and harassing you and trespassing," he shrugs.

"Maybe I'll speak to my mom but... I just don't think that I want to go to court with her or any of that process. Maybe we could just speak to her?" He looks bashfully up at me again and I sigh before nodding and kissing his forehead.

The others leave and soon it's just Ricky and I lying with each other on his couch.

"Do you want to go do something?" I ask a little shyly.

"Like what?"

My eyes light up and I grin, "Let's go to that kid's arcade! The one where you win tickets for playing those games and then you can buy super over-priced toys with them and they have those cool crane things and dance games and the ones with the cars that are pointless because you can't get tickets from them.... There's one over by the mall near that lake with the thing and the tree..."

"You mean the mall by the park with the lake and the giant swing set and the colour wrapped tree with the ribbons?"

"Yeeees," by now I'm uncharacteristically excited and jumping on the couch on my knees.

"Wow now who's the childish one?" He smirks.

"I have never said that you were childish! You're adorable!" I laugh at his blush and kiss each of his cheeks.

"NO YOU ARE!" He yells and jumps on the couch with me, falling on top of me with his hands on my chest.

"Wow," I whisper and move my hand behind his neck pulling him to me until our lips touch gently. It feels like there's a rush of static between us, not the shocking feeling just the heat of current rushing between us. Our bodies touch and I reach for his shirt only for his hands to stop me.

"Weren't we going to the Arcade?" He grins cheekily and I laugh.

"Yeah I guess we were weren't we?" He rolls off of me and runs upstairs to grab a backpack and shove it full of some stuff.

We walk up to Ricky's car and he moans lightly and runs his hand over the fresh scratches as he hops into the driver's side and laughs as I get into the passenger's side.

"Getting into your car is so difficult! How is it easier for you? You're shorter than me!"

"I'm used to it, besides I might be shorter but I am more agile for sure," he boasts and turns the car on. A few minutes later we're on the highway about to get off at our exit.

"I want to dye my hair," He says suddenly.

"Allllrrriiiiigghty then," I lift an eyebrow and grin at him, "Why?"

"I'm thinking red or purple," he says ignoring me.

"Ugh... Hey earth to Ricky?" I say as he pulls into the mall parking lot and the sky starts to cloud over.

"I hope it rains," he says changing the subject, "I love the rain."

"Ricky I've been your friend for the majority of your life. I know you like the rain, what I want to know is why you want to dye your hair?"

"It's fun," he says as we head towards the arcade, locking the car behind us.

"Okay then," I force him to stop walking and look at me, I push the blonde hair away from his eyes, "Purple."

"Why?" He asks and searches my eyes.

"It's fun," I shrug and bounce away towards the arcade after yelling, "IF YOU DYE YOUR HAIR I'M GETTING A TATTOO!"

"WHAT?! FREDDIE GET BACK HERE WE NEED TO DISCUSS THIS! WHAT KIND OF TATTOO? AND WHERE?" He runs after me and I just laugh as I head into the neon-lit building.