8. Freddie tries to heal

After a few hours of various PlayStation games Ricky falls asleep and instead of waking him I just flick the TV off. We have the whole weekend to hang out and do whatever we want so it's probably best if I just let him sleep besides he looks so peaceful with his hands clutching the blanket and pink lips parted ever so slightly. He looks almost angelic as the setting light plays softly on his face and his sandy blonde hair. It's so tempting to reach over and stroke his cheek but I restrain myself with the thought of him kissing that boy. Still... I guess I wouldn't be this upset unless I really cared about him and I do... I just don't want to get hurt. He shifts a little and his eyes flicker open.

"Hey," he whispers, voice hoarse from sleep and groggy.

"Hey, had a good nap?" I ask and even I can hear the fondness laced in my voice.

"Yeah, you even look good when I'm groggy."

"Ricky..."

"Richard?" Ricky's mom walks back down the stairs, "I'm ordering pizza is that alright?"

"Perfect thanks mom."

"Sure honey," she comes over and kisses my cheek before heading into the entrance hall where the landline is.

"Freddie?"

"Yes?"

"When will you... I mean how long will it take before things are normal again?"

"I don't know... I'm trying to get over it."

"I know... Sorry I don't mean to..."

"It's okay," I put my arm around his shoulder and let him rest on my shoulder, "you've got stubble Ricky."

"Argh," he groans and feels the rough patches on his face as I laugh lightly at his reaction.

"Don't worry it's incredibly manly," and suddenly I can't help myself and I end up snorting with laughter.

"Excuse me... That's incredibly rude you horribly intelligent person."

"Alright pizza is ordered, don't forget your meds Ricky or that pizza will just come right back up again."

"Yes mom."

"Good okay... I'm going to finish up some papers. Freddie can you get the door when the food gets here?" She asks and pulls her hair up into a tight bun before straightening her blazer and pencil skirt, "video call to the main office," she explains before getting a thumbs up from Ricky to indicate that she looks pristine.

"Ricky, can I maybe meet the guy?"

"Um I guess why?"

"Maybe then I can understand and... We can fix everything."

"Okay... He did say to invite him if I have another party so..."

"He did?" there's a note of harsh jealousy in my voice that I try to soften, "I mean... that sounds alright."

"You sure about that? Because you seem a little angry mister know-it-all," he teases and tilts his head to look up at me and taps my nose.

"Yes I'm sure... Next week?"

"Okay as long as you're sure."

"I am."

"Really cause..."

"Ricky for heaven's sake!"

"Sorry," he giggles and smirks before snuggling up to me again; it might be warm during the day but it's still only early spring so nights can get Antarctically cold. I'm already starting to feel the chill in my bones so I pull Ricky closer to me and he nuzzles his head into my neck.

The doorbell rings stirring us both to move but I push Ricky down and tuck the blanket around him tightly as I head towards the front door and return after paying for the pizza.

"Ooh gimme!" Ricky holds his hands out to me like a child, curling them into fists and then releasing them.

"Patience little one."

"Who are you calling little?!"

"You," I tap his nose the same way he had tapped mine earlier and I balance the pizza in the middle of our laps, the heat of it warming our thighs as I open the box.

"Three cheeses... How is your mom so good at choosing something both of us would like?"

"Well she has known you since you were little and me since you know... The day I hopped outta that."

"Ugh not a great image Ricky," I elbow him lightly and pick a slice of the gooey cheesy goodness out of the box and taking a scorching bite.

"Water?" Ricky asks and I nod with incredible vigour as he passes me a glass of cold water with ice in it that I had fetched for him a few minutes earlier.

"Fank yu," I mumble through the pin prickling feeling that has embraced my tongue.

"Sure," he grins before blowing lightly on a slice of pizza and taking a bite.

"Now who's the smart one?"

"Still you as proven by the fact that my car got keyed because I believed that girl Bridget's stupid story and broke up with her."

"Really she keyed your car?" I sputter through the water and cough as I try to stop wanting to laugh.

"Yes and it is NOT funny Frederick Caster!"

"Oh come on it's a little funny," I look at him and smirk.

"She's a sociopath!"

"Oh I thought she was "sweet" but just not your type," I laugh again as Ricky puts on an offended look and pouts.

"Aw Ricky don't pout."

"Try to stop me!"

"I..."

"What?" He asks as I ever so gently kiss his forehead.

"There better?"

"Much!" He smiles and it reaches all the way to his eyes making me smile in return... Maybe it will all be alright...

A/N
STUBBLE, TEASING RICKY CAUSE HE'S SHORT AND PIZZA... Sounds like a dream come true :D #perfectdate #whyamIhastagging? #Ishouldstop #thisisstupid #STOPSTUPIDTYPYFINGERS!!!

SO....
Turns out that the lovely bubble was being chased by a super eviiiiiiiiil flying safety pin because the safety pin believed that he stole his bagel. Sir Fluffs Alot agreed to let the beautiful lonely bubble stay until they knew it was safe to leave...