10. Freddie celebrates

"Ricky!" I sing his name as I jump through the corridors, waving my hands as my bag starts slipping off of my shoulders.

"What?!" He yells back and flips around angrily but his expression lightens up when he sees that I was calling him, "What's up Freddie?"

"I just figured something out!" I look excitedly at him as I jump from foot to foot.

"For heaven's sake just tell him nimrod," Harry sighs exasperatedly next to me as he catches up.

"Okay okay! We have a week of school left before the August holidays! And then we just have exams and then and then... School's over!"

"For most of us," Harry coughs and punches my arm.

"You have one year left Harry it'll be over before you know it."

"Agh," he huffs and stares at us irritated before storming off to class.

"Sorry Harry!" Ricky yells down the hallway.

"Don't mind him it's probably his parents again," I say and wrap my arms around his waist and lean down my head to rest it on his shoulder.

"His parents?"

"Yeah... Turns out they're strictly religious to the point of hating everyone including their son and daughters."

"Oh... That's horrible," he whispers and puts his hands over mine.

"I think he'll be alright, I'm pretty worried about him though."

"We'll figure out a way to help him," the bell rings and we both sigh as we head out to classes.

We sit in our French class and Ricky doodles on the side of my notebook as most of the rest of the class pays attention to the lesson.

"You know you would probably get better marks than even me if you actually paid attention in lessons," I lean over to see what he's drawn on the side of my page, they're doodles of two superheroes defeating monsters.

"But it's us... And besides French isn't going to help me in life."

"Really because you know it is the language of love," I lean closer to him and place my hand lightly on his thigh.

"Really now?"

"Mon cheri..."

"Oh yeah that is romantic," he turns to look at me with mischief clearly evident on his face.

"Richard..."

"Whaaaaat?"

"What are you planning?"

"Nothing," he says with a wink and then turns back to me with a serious look on his face, "you know I am going to need some help studying for finals during the holiday?"

"Yeah and I'd be glad to help even though you didn't exactly ask me..."

"Okay fine... Will you please help me study for finals during the holidays?"

"Yes," I kiss his cheek quickly before getting back to work.

The bell rings for the end of school and the rest of the week passes quickly until the last day...

"Time for some sweet last day of school revenge," Ricky rubs his hands to together and giggles, yes giggles.

"Well that is both adorable and terrifying at the same time," I say as I shift the weight of a heavy duty water gun in my hands and the tank of water on my back.

The school is quiet except for the steps of conniving seniors with water guns and thousands of plastic cups filled with water and streamers as well as buckets of syrup. The cups have been set up all over the school covering all of the hallways and the syrup has been painted onto the surfaces of every chair in the school and seniors are perched in every crack and hiding hole with their water guns. We've been here since very early setting things up for the greatest senior prank in the entire history of the school.

"You ready for this?"

"Hell yeah!"

The school's gates are being kept closed today until the school day is meant to officially start. So when everyone walks in... Chaos... Absolute chaos.

"Five minutes seniors!" The head boy yells over the intercom and we all get into position with Ricky and I in a small cupboard with the window pushed down.

"I sort of like being this close to you," I say and rest my chin lightly on his head as he breathes a little heavily.

"This combination of you and claustrophobia is both lovely and panic inducing..."

"It'll be okay, just block it out. Focus on me... One minute left okay?"

"Okay," he breathes in and then leans his head on my chest, nuzzling and sniffing me a little, "You've spent so much time at my house the last few days that you've started to smell like vanilla."

"Or is it just because we've been spending so much time together that I'm starting to smell like you"

"Yeah that sounds about right," he chuckles into my chest and slowly looks up at me with his beautiful hazel eyes.

I lean down to kiss him just as the school bell erupts in loud ringing breaking us apart as the students all tumble into the school, getting soaked from the cups and shot at with water pistols.

"Yeah SENIORS!" Ricky yells and jumps out of the room, soaking some snooty grade 10 girls as they screech and run away.

"Ricky!"

"What?"

"That's so mean!"

"SENIORS!" He yells and rushes down the hallway, avoiding the cups and turning around and shooting me with his water pistol.

"RICKY!" I yell back soaking him in return and we both laugh before running down the corridors together soaking everyone in sight.