Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Greyson kept his eyes on the ocean. Castor's body still laid on the sand. He's been dead for several minutes but Greyson insisted that they leave his body there.

No one was able to go near him.

Greyson sat on the sand, his lower body was soaking in the water. Black under his eyes, his hair messy, his body shaking. It was still dark out, the moon bright.

"There's a war going on" Paul said walking over to Greyson and sitting down on the beach.

"Please go away."

"There's a war going on and you're sitting here."

Greyson turned his body too look at Paul.

"There's a war going on and I'm sitting here because my best friend just died."

Paul put his hand on top of Greyson's shoulder.

"You're best friend is dead because of this war. So..."

Greyson's eyes drooped. "So..?"

"So avenge him."

Then Greyson started crying.

_

Greyson hated crying. Ever since he was young he hated the fact of looking weaker than others.

"Stop crying you baby!" His cousins would tell him because Greyson cried almost every day.

He stopped when he was 5.

But now, as he looked at Castor's dead body, he couldn't take it. He had to cry.

He needed to cry.

He hugged on to Paul, the tears damping his shoulder.

"We're gonna win" Paul told him.

"We're gonna win" Greyson repeated.

Paul moved his head to look at Greyson.

"We're gonna what?" He said smiling.

"Win."

_

The group was sitting together in the sand. They were in a triangle. Castor's body still laid in the sand a couple of feet away. The silence made them tired so they took shifts for sleeping.

Greyson volunteered to stay up.

_

When the sun came out, Greyson's eyes flicked open and he got up from the sand. He saw Paul staring out at the waves. Lucy was up too. It took a couple of minutes for them to get up and then they were ready to go. Walking back into the forest, Greyson stopped them.

"Wait" he said as he turned around.

Greyson walked back to where Castor's body was. He lowered himself and looked at his friend.

Lifeless.

"Castor" Greyson said not daring to take his eyes off of him "I swear, I will kill every demon that comes across me. I'm going to win for you. And you only."

He placed his hands on the spear and slowly pulled it out of Castor's chest.

"I might need this" he called out to Paul and Lucy and at that they walked back into the forest.

_

In the forest, Lucy and Paul walked side by side, Greyson in the back.

"So...has Hazel talked about me?" Paul said looking at Lucy.

"No." Lucy said still walking.

"Greyson is she telling the truth?"

Greyson looked up from the ground and nodded.

"Awe shit."

Greyson was looking around when he heard a noise.

"Guys I hear something."

Lucy and Paul stopped and turned around.

There was rustling in some bushes when a demon jumped out to tackle Greyson. The demon was in the air when it impaled itself in the spear Greyson was holding. Its animalistic-human looking body twitched and screamed as blood fell on to the ground.

Greyson didn't even look, just kept his head facing forward. He walked to the side a little and pulled out the spear, the demon fell to the ground and started panting. Then it came crawling at him with its head swinging up and down. All Greyson did was swing it to the right, making the sharp tip glide across the demons neck.

It died shortly after.

"Go to hell" Greyson said.

_

"We haven't seen a demon in forever" Paul said walking in the forest.

"That's a good thing" Lucy said.

Greyson kept quiet the whole time.

They just kept walking, walking, and walking.

Till a boy came out of a tree running. He slammed into Paul and fell to the floor.

"He's coming!" he screamed "help me please! He's coming."

The boy got up from the floor and wrapped his arms around Paul screaming.

"Who?" Paul shouted "Who?!"

"Deviathin!"

__

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed! Please if any of you can...share the story! If you enjoy it...LET EVERYONE ENJOY IT! I'm so thankful for all of the views and hope you guys enjoyed.