Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"GREYSON!" Lucy said jumping up from the dirt.

Paul's head popped up from the water and looked at Lucy who pointed at the shark fin. With a scream he started swimming back to Lucy. The fin started to move towards Paul. Swimming quickly his head looked back a couple of times to see if it was catching up. It was.

Like a geyser, the water rose from the lake and exploded into the air sending out Greyson. He landed next to Lucy on the dirt slamming against it. A shark's fin coming out of his back, gills on his neck.

Lucy screamed.

"What?!" Greyson shouted.

"You're back Greyson you're back!"

Greyson felt around his back till he felt the fin. Then he screamed.

Paul washed up from the water and walked over to Greyson.

"You can Skin-Walk into a shark? That's awesome!"

"So...a moose and a shark? Pretty useful" Greyson said calming down.

"It's creepy" Lucy said "Put it away."

Greyson closed his eyes and started to think of stuff to relax him. When thoughts washed over his mind that made him smile the gills and the fin disappeared.

_

Walking away from the water and back in the forest the three decided to think of a strategy.

"If we see any demon we do not hesitate to kill it. That goes for Deviathin also." Said Lucy walking.

"Everyone's gotta weapon?" Paul asked.

The two nodded.

They were walking, just walking through the forest when they heard the scream.

"HAZEL!" Paul shouted freezing up at the thought of her being in trouble.

"Hazel?" Greyson said to Lucy who just shrugged.

Then they heard the scream again and Lucy knew now too.

"HAZEL!"

Paul and Lucy started running in the path they were on, clutching their weapons. Greyson ran after them.

Paul, who was running at top speed, stopped when he saw the body fly out from one side of the path to the other screaming.

It was Hazel. She was bloody and dirty.

Her body was being dragged by something they couldn't see.

Her scream stopped for a split second, then her body came back into view as it was dragged to the other side of the path again.

Paul took out a knife and jumped at Hazel's body. He grabbed on to her and she held on to him.

That was when the crow came into view, Greyson noticed it was much bigger then when he saw it by the safe zone lake. It clawed at Paul who willingly let it happen as he tried to shield Hazel from the claws.

Greyson ran up to them and took out his bow and an arrow, lined it up and shot at the crow. It hit its left wing and it fell to the ground next to Paul and Hazel. The bird flapped its wings and cawed on the floor trying to get up. Its neck snapped, bones broke, and started releasing smoke. The figure of a man crawled out of the bird, covered in a black liquid and feathers it started to crawl too Greyson.

Lucy stepped up now and kicked the body back onto the floor. With a loud shriek the black liquid started dripping off of the body. Its face was visible now, the pale skin and red eyes sent shivers down Greyson's back.